6 lbs 1 oz
Paul Reed Smith Private Stock #9951 Hollowbody II McCarty 594 – Koa
This special instrument, this Paul Reed Smith Private Stock #9951 Hollowbody II McCarty 594 Koa was in the womb at PRS headquarters for an entire year! While we are no-strangers to Paul Reed Smith’s Private Stock offerings, this instrument marks our second hand-selected Private Stock coming to life. Being PRS connoisseurs, we are always excited to combine aspects from our favorite models for something totally unique… And sample the world’s finest collection of exotic tone woods!
To touch on the logic behind these builds, our sales manager Brett is the kind of guy that likes to dive in to these kind of things head-first and be inspired by what is around him. Typically, he enters The Vault with an idea in mind and chooses woods and specifications based upon what stands out among the greats. Just like when he does lumber selection for our Wood Library guitars, no top is untouched before decisions are made. The difference here is only one top, out of many species of wood, are selected for just one special guitar (instead of forty at a time). The Private Stock also opens the door for completely one-off, unique specs like what is found here.
In terms of sonic characteristics, the marriage of the Hollow-Body II’s body construction with the McCarty 594’s scale-length and 2-piece bridge has yielded incredible results that you cannot find on any Core model PRS guitar… This is a world-class instrument that will very swiftly take you from lush clean tones to a warm and woody bite that truly must be heard in person to be appreciated. We are very proud to put this PRS instrument out in the world and we hope you’ve enjoyed viewing it!
Other features include:
- Model: McCarty 594 Hollowbody II
- Neck wood: Koa
- Fingerboard wood: Ebony with curly maple binding
- Top wood: Koa with curly maple bound F-holes
- Middle wood: Mahogany
- Back wood: Koa with Curly Maple Binding
- Headstock Veneer wood: Ebony with Curly Maple binding
- Neck Carve: Pattern vintage
- Side Dots: Black
- Color / Stain: Natural Smoke Burst
- Fingerboard inlays: Koa birds with Gold Mother of Pearl outlines
- Headstock veneer inlays: Koa Private Stock eagle with Gold Mother of Pearl outlines
- Finish type: High gloss nitro
- Pickups: Treble: 58/15 Bass: 58/15
- Electronics: Two volume, two push/pull tone controls with 3-way toggle
- Hardware: Gold/Nickel PRS 2-pc bridge, PRS Vintage-style tuning pegs with Ivoroid buttons, Ebony truss rod cover, and a bone nut
- Set-Up: D’Addario .010
- Case type: Private Stock Brown leather
- Specials: Natural high gloss nitro finish, Koa top & back with Curly Maple binding, Koa neck, Ebony fingerboard & headstock veneer with Curly Maple binding, Koa birds with Gold Mother of Pearl outlines, White, Black & Gold Mother of Pearl Eddie’s Eagle inlay on heel, Gold/Nickel hardware, and features 58/15 pickups. The woods on this guitar were personally hand selected by the dealer from the PRS Private Stock Vault.
- 6 lbs 1 oz
PLEASE CALL: 314-274-9571
1 in stock