Collings 470 JL – Antique Blonde Top
Oh goodness – is this a cool axe or what?!
This amazing Collings 470 JL in Antique Blonde Top is soo-perb!
The success of the Collings OM1 JL combined with Julian Lage’s love of electric guitars meant a second Collings-Julian collaboration was inevitable. But following such a highly praised signature model with yet another meant leaving nothing on the table. From its organic beginnings, the process envisioned by both parties was something designed and built from the sound up.
The Collings 470 JL is the result of years-long conversations, engineering, testing, tweaking, playing, and listening. And then doing it all over again until it was right. From first sketches through plugging in the final prototypes, every aspect of this model inside and out is the result of a unique approach, technique, and style – both from the builder’s and player’s point of view – culminating in a one-of-a-kind electric guitar experience.
In collaboration with our friend Julian Lage, we proudly present the Collings 470 JL.
Other specifications include:
- Construction Fully hollow w/ trestle block
- Body Solid Honduran mahogany
- Top Maple laminate
- Neck Honduran mahogany
- Body Binding Non-grained ivoroid
- Fingerboard Binding Ebony
- Peghead Binding None
- Bridge Pinned ebony base w/ tune-o-matic saddle top (nylon saddles)
- Tailpiece Bigsby vibrato B3
- Fingerboard Ebony w/ graduated pearl dots
- Fingerboard Radius 12″
- Pickups Ron Ellis Ellisonics (custom adjustable height)
- Pots/Caps DiMarzio 500K / Jupiter Vintage Yellow / Orange Drop Treble Bleed
- Knobs Black/Silver or Black/Gold Reflector Top
- Pickup Rings Black Phenolic
- Nut 1 11/16″ Delrin
- Scale Length 24 7/8″
- Neck Joint Extra long mortise & tenon
- Frets Medium 18% nickel-silver
- Peghead Veneer Ebony w/ MOP Collings Script logo
- Peghead Profile 470 JL Haircut
- Tuners Relic nickel Waverly with vintage oval buttons (16:1 ratio)
- Wiring 470 Wiring (master volume, two tones)
- Guitar Finish High gloss nitrocellulose lacquer
- Pickguard Acrylic Tortoise (1-ply) or Parchment (3-Ply)
- Truss Rod Cover Black/Cream/Black
- Strings D’Addario NYXL1149 (.011″ – .049″)
- Neck Profile 470 JL (1st Fret 0.850″ / 9th Fret 0.955″)
- Body Length 17 ⅜”
- Body Depth 1 13/16”
- Lower Bout Width 13 1/2”
- Total Length 38 3/4”
- Case Deluxe hardshell case by Ameritage
- 6 lbs 1 oz
For more information on the Collings 470 JL, please contact us.
PLEASE CALL: 314-781-7500
Out of stock