7 lbs 1 oz
Used – Collings 290 Tobacco Sunburst Aged Finish w/ Throbak 52-54 (2020)
Here is one that looks as though it stepped right out of the coveted yesteryear, and USED to boot! A SUPERB Collings 290 in Tobacco Sunburst Aged Finish with Throbak 52-54 pickups
It plays like a rock and roll guitar should – but it will swoon with you if you wanna jazz or blues out. She’s dressed classy and simply – no-frills, just what you need. Well, maybe a couple of frills, like Collings revered aged Ivoroid binding and ivorid dot inlays, and an ebony peghead overlay.
The medium to fat C neck shape is full and comfy and ready for squeezin’.
And the Throbak pickups – lordy. Bite, bark, sass, sparkle – everything a good P90 style should do – but better because it is wound by some of the best in the biz.
This won’t last long in the used state – get her home!
Other specifications include:
- Select solid mahogany body and neck
- Tobacco Sunburst Aged Lacquer
- Non-grained, aged Ivoroid fretboard binding
- Unbound “Haircut” headstock
- 15 degree headstock angle
- Ebony peghead overlay with inlaid Collings logo
- Rosewood fingerboard
- Long mortise and tenon neck joint w/contoured heel
- Medium-Fat “C” neck shape
- 12″ Fingerboard radius
- 1 11/16″ Bone nut
- 24 7/8″ Scale length
- Medium 18% nickel-silver fretwire
- Grained ivoroid dot fingerboard inlays
- Fully adjustable truss rod
- Black pickup covers and black top hat knobs
- Throbak ’52/’54 P90s
- 1950’s style wiring scheme
- Dimarzio 500K pots and Jupiter Yellow Vintage Tone capacitors
- Schaller Wrap Bridge
- Nickel Gotoh tuners
- 7 lbs 1 oz
For more information on the Collings 290, please contact us.
PLEASE CALL: 314-274-9571
Out of stock