Waterloo by Collings WL-14L – Truss Rod – Jet Black
Jet Black Waterloo. Um… Yes.
This Waterloo by Collings WL-14L with Truss Rod in Jet Black is looker and player. Superb resonance and projection from this black beauty. Solid spruce on mahogany with just the right amount of aesthetic appointments for a supreme simple vehicle to power your songwriting, your fingerpicking, and your flat-picking desires. Adept at just about anything and with the Waterloo/Collings stamp you know she’s a lifer.
A word or two from Collings:
The Waterloo guitar line is a look back in time, to when there was a genuine need for a soulful tone that could be coaxed from simple instruments. The blues, country, and folk music played on these instruments was made in a heartfelt response to the hard times of the depression era. It was music heard in work camps and barn dances, kitchens and honky-tonks, porches, street corners, and churches. These musical styles became the roots of popular American music for decades to come. The Waterloo brand is all about capturing the voice and spirit of the very best depression-era guitars in well-made and very playable instruments.
Other specifications include:
- Top: Solid spruce
- Back/Sides: Solid mahogany
- Color: Jet Black
- Binding: Ivoroid bound top and soundhole
- Bridge Pins: Ebony
- Tuners: Golden Age Restoration
- Bracing: ladder (L)
- Pickguard: Tigerstripe celluloid
- Body Finish: Semi-gloss nitrocellulose lacquer (Aged Finish available)
- Neck: Solid mahogany
- Fingerboard: Indian rosewood
- Bridge: Ebony with 2 3/8″ spacing
- Nut: 1 3/4″ ebony nut
- Saddle: Bone drop-in
- Neck Support: Adjustable truss rod
- Fingerboard Inlays: 6mm acrylic dots
- Neck Profile: Prominent “V” shape
- Logo: Stenciled Waterloo
- Scale Length: 24 7/8″
- Fret Wire: Medium 18% nickel-silver
- Fingerboard Radius: 12″
- Hard Case
For more information about the Waterloo by Collings WL-14L, please contact us.
PLEASE CALL: 314-781-7500
Out of stock