Used – Fender Custom Shop Limited Edition Phil Lynott Precision Bass Master Built John Cruz – Black
Few images in ‘70s rock are as stirring as Phil Lynott, bassist/vocalist of Thin Lizzy, wearing his aviator shades and hoisting his P Bass above the crowd. As individual as he was, this customized bass sported a Mirrored pickguard that became his signature aesthetic touch. Master Builder John Cruz has painstakingly recreated this bass in precise detail, as only a Custom Shop Master Builder can. Not only is this limited-edition bass a true-to-the-era replica, we also threw some extra Lynott-inspired goodies into the custom Anvil® roadcase for you.
To craft this instrument, Cruz began with a two-piece select ash body, added a lacquer finish to let the body breathe with more tonal resonance—and, of course, the custom pickguard and a hand-wound ’78 P Bass® split-coil pickup. The stable, rift-sawn maple neck has a lacquered headstock face. Along with an oil finish, giving it a fast feel that perfectly matched Lynott’s fleet-fingered style. The 7.25”-radius round-lam rosewood fingerboard hosts 20 jumbo frets, while the body sports a Badass® II high-mass bridge for extra sustain and punchy tone. Other features include Dunlop® strap locks, vintage- ‘70s-style tuning machines, bone nut and round string tree. Includes custom Anvil case, custom made leather strap and studded wristband, mirrored aviator sunglasses and Certificate of Authenticity.
Only 60 Units Built Worldwide!
Other specifications include:
- Model Name: Limited Edition Phil Lynott Precision Bass®, Rosewood Fingerboard, Black
- Model Number: 9215002602
- Series: Custom Artist
- Color: Black
- Body Shape: Precision Bass®
- Body Material: 2-Piece Select Ash
- Body Finish: Nitrocellulose Lacquer
- Neck Material: Rift Sawn Maple
- Neck Shape: 1975 “U”
- Scale Length: 34″ (86.36 cm)
- Fingerboard Radius: 7.25″ (184.1 mm)
- Number of Frets: 20
- Fret Size: Jumbo
- String Nut: Bone
- Nut Width: 1.650″ (42 mm)
- Headstock: Large ’70s Style
- Neck Plate: 4-Bolt Engraved
- Neck Finish: Nitrocellulose Lacquer
- Fingerboard: Rosewood
- Position Inlays: White Dot
- Bridge Pickup: Custom Shop Hand-Wound ’78 Single-Coil Precision Bass®
- Controls: Master Volume, Master Tone
- Pickup Switching: None
- Pickup Configuration: S
- Bridge: BadAss™ II
- Tuning Machines: Vintage Style
- Orientation: Right-Hand
- Hardware Finish: Chrome
- Pickguard: Custom Mirrored
- Control Knobs: Knurled Chrome
- Strings: Fender® USA Nickel Plated Steel (.050-.105 Gauges)
- Included Accessories: Custom Anvil Case, Custom Made Leather Strap, Custom Made Studded Wrist Band, Custom Mirrored Aviation Sunglasses, Certificate of Authenticity.
- Master Built by: John Cruz
8 lbs 9 oz
For more information about the Fender Custom Shop Limited Edition Phil Lynott Precision Bass, please contact us.
Out of stock