9 lbs 4 oz
Fender American Original ’60s Jazz Bass – Candy Apple Red
Released in 1960, the upscale Jazz Bass quickly found favor among working bassists thanks to its premium appointments and versatile sound. The narrower neck seemed tailor-made for fast, dexterous playing, while the pair of single-coil pickups added a bold new dimension to Fender bass tone. The American Original ‘60s Jazz Bass has all the tone and style of its earliest incarnation, with modern playability.
The Pure Vintage ’64 Jazz Bass single-coil pickups are as period-correct as possible, from the enamel-coated coil wire to the cloth-covered output wires, fiber bobbins and alnico 5 magnets. There’s no mistaking the sound of these pickups—from a deep growl to articulate punch, they are the voice of this legendary bass. The slim “’60s C”-shaped neck profile and 9.5”-radius round-lam rosewood fingerboard combine for an agile playing feel. Other authentic touches include vintage-tall frets, original-era body radii, vintage-style hardware—including a four-saddle vintage-style bridge—vintage-style hardshell case and a lacquer finish that not only lets the wood “breathe” naturally with resonant tone, it also wears in a distinctively appealing way.
An inspiring instrument, the American Original ’60s Jazz Bass is the best way to add original-era Fender tone and style to your sound.
Other specifications include:
- Series:American Original
- Body Material:Alder
- Body Finish:Gloss Nitrocellulose Lacquer
- Neck:Maple, ‘60s “C”
- Neck Finish:Gloss Nitrocellulose Lacquer
- Fingerboard:Round-Laminated Rosewood, 9.5” (241 mm)
- Frets:20, Vintage Tall
- Position Inlays:Vintage Clay Dot
- Nut (Material/Width):Bone, 1.48” (37.59 mm)
- Tuning Machines:Pure Vintage Reverse Open-gear
- Scale Length:34” (864 mm)
- Bridge:4-Saddle Vintage Style with Threaded Steel Saddles
- Pickguard:4-Ply Brown Shell
- Pickups:Pure Vintage ‘64 Single-Coil Jazz Bass (Bridge/Middle)Controls:Volume 1. (Middle Pickup), Volume 2. (Bridge Pickup), Master Tone
- Control Knobs:Black PlasticHardware Finish:Nickel/Chrome
- Strings:Fender® USA Bass 7250M, NPS (.045-.105 Gauges)
- Case/Gig Bag:Vintage-Style Hardshell
- 9 lbs 4 oz
For more information about the Fender American Original ’60s Jazz Bass guitar, please contact us.
PLEASE CALL: 314-781-7500
Out of stock