6 lbs 1 oz
Hold – Paul Reed Smith Private Stock #7153 Hollowbody II McCarty 594 – Koa
This special instrument was in the womb at PRS headquarters for an entire year! While we are no-strangers to Paul Reed Smith’s Private Stock offerings, this instrument marks our second hand-selected Private Stock coming to life. Being PRS connoisseurs, we are always excited to combine aspects from our favorite models for something totally unique… And sample the world’s finest collection of exotic tone woods!
To touch on the logic behind these builds, our sales manager Brett is the kind of guy that likes to dive in to these kind of things head-first and be inspired by what is around him. Typically, he enters The Vault with an idea in mind and chooses woods and specifications based upon what stands out among the greats. Just like when he does lumber selection for our Wood Library guitars, no top is untouched before decisions are made. The difference here is only one top, out of many species of wood, are selected for just one special guitar (instead of forty at a time). The Private Stock also opens the door for completely one-off, unique specs like what is found here.
The idea to make the love-child of a McCarty 594 and Hollow-Body II came when he stumbled upon not one, but two stunning Koa top sets. The rest of the specifications were curated to be complimentary to those pieces of wood specifically. Lightweight African Ribbon Mahogany selected for the body and neck, with African Blackwood for the fretboard and headstock overlay. For the traveling artist, these lumber choices completely sidestep any CITES regulation. In addition to the meticulously selected lumber package, you’ll also find a custom Paul Miles designed Eagle inlay on the neck heel that is completely unique to this instrument.
Brett’s “no plastics” mantra for his hand-picked Private Stock builds was of course applied for this special piece. You can find African Blackwood tuner buttons alongside Koa pick-up rings, switch-top, and book-matched knobs with Agoya dots for a look that is born purely from the Earth.
In terms of sonic characteristics, the marriage of the Hollow-Body II’s body construction with the McCarty 594’s scale-length and 2-piece bridge has yielded incredible results that you cannot find on any Core model PRS guitar… This is a world-class instrument that will very swiftly take you from lush clean tones to a warm and woody bite that truly must be heard in person to be appreciated. We are very proud to put this PRS instrument out in the world and we hope you’ve enjoyed viewing it!
Other features include:
- Model: Hollowbody II McCarty 594
- Neck wood: Mahogany with custom designed eagle inlay on the heel consisting of black, gold, and white mother of pearl
- Fingerboard wood: African blackwood with curly maple binding
- Top wood: Koa with curly maple binding
- Back wood: Koa with curly maple binding
- Headstock Veneer wood: African blackwood with curly maple binding
- Neck Carve: Pattern vintage
- Side Dots: Black
- Color / Stain: Natural
- Fingerboard inlays: Koa birds with agoya outlines
- Headstock veneer inlays: Koa Private Stock eagle with agoya outlines
- Finish type: High gloss nitro
- Pickups: Treble: 58/15 LT Bass: 58/15 LT
- Electronics: Two volume, two tone controls with 3-way toggle
- Hardware: Black PRS stoptail, phase III set screw locking tuning pegs with African Blackwood buttons, Koa pickup rings and switch tip, Koa control knobs with agoya dot inlays as well as a bone nut
- Set-Up: D’Addario .010
- Case type: Private Stock Brown leather
- Specials: Natural high gloss nitro finish, Koa birds with agoya outlines, curly maple binding along the top, back, f-holes, fingerboard and headstock veneer as well as a custom design inlay on the heel consisting of black, gold, and white mother of pearl. The woods on this guitar were personally hand selected by the dealer from the PRS Private Stock Vault.
- 6 lbs 1 oz
PLEASE CALL: 314-781-7500
Out of stock