First designed as an oversized Hawaiian guitar over 100 years ago, the Collings DS1A retains many of its original features like the shape and wide neck with slotted headstock while featuring modern improvements. 25 ½” scale length, bridge closer to the lower bout, Modified V neck profile perfect for fingerstyle, and construction of Adirondack spruce and Honduran mahogany offers a dynamic range of tones.
Other specifications include:
- Top Adirondack spruce
- Back & Sides Honduran mahogany
- Neck Honduran mahogany
- Body Binding Tortoise with b/w/b/w top purfling
- Fingerboard Binding None
- Peghead Binding None
- Bridge Ebony belly-style with 2 3/8" spacing
- Fingerboard Ebony with MOP long dots
- Bridge Pins/End Pin Ebony with MOP dot
- Nut Bone, 1 13/16"
- Saddle Bone, drop-in
- Neck Profile Modified V
- Peghead Profile Tapered slotted square with volute
- Neck Joint Mortise & tenon hybrid
- Truss Rod Fully adjustable
- Frets Medium 18% nickel-silver
- Peghead Veneer Ebony with MOP Collings logo
- Tuners Nickel Waverly (16:1 ratio)
- Backstrip 1-style (Walnut)
- Rosette b/w Purfling
- Scale Length 25 1/2"
- Brace Material Sitka spruce
- Brace Pattern Pre-war scalloped X-brace
- Fingerboard Radius 14" - 26" compound
- Body Finish High gloss nitrocellulose lacquer
- Neck Finish High gloss polyester resin
- Pickguard Tortoise
- Bridge Spacing 2 3/8"
- Body Length 20 7/8"
- Body Depth 4 7/8"
- Lower Bout Width 15 5/8"
- Total Length 40 1/8"
- Case Deluxe hardshell case by TKL
For more information about the Collings DS1A, please contact us.