When we think of the Collings D2HA Varnish, we immediately think of pure tonal genius. Carved from East Indian rosewood in the back and sides and it featuring a natural Adirondack spruce top, this guitar has a loud, punchy, crisp sound. A modified V-neck profile, square headstock with volute, and pre-war scalloped bracing all contribute to this instrument’s stability and reliability.
Other specifications include:
- Adirondack spruce top
- East Indian rosewood back and sides
- Cross-cut grained ivoroid and wood nitrate strip rosette
- Grained ivoroid top/back body binding
- Herringbone trim with matching 2-style backstrip
- Pre-war scalloped bracing
- Tortoise-style celluloid pickguard
- High gloss nitrocellulose lacquer finish
- Mahogany neck
- Square headstock with volute
- 15 degree headstock angle
- Ebony peghead overlay with inlaid Collings logo
- Ebony fingerboard with ebony belly-style bridge
- Mortise and tenon hybrid neck joint
- 20 Frets, neck joins the body at the 14th fret
- Modified V neck profile with 2 1/4" string spacing
- 14"-26" Compound fingerboard radius
- 1 3/4" Bone nut and drop-in saddle
- 25 1/2" Scale length
- Medium 18% nickel-silver fretwire
- Mother of pearl diamond and square fingerboard inlays
- Fully adjustable truss rod
- Ebony bridge pins and end pin
- Nickel Waverly tuners with 16:1 ratio
- Recommended string gauge - D'Addario EJ-17 (.013"-.056")
- Body Length: 20"
- Body Depth at Side: 4 7/8"
- Lower Bout Width: 15 5/8"
- Total Length: 40 1/4"
- Scale Length: 25 1/2"
- Collings deluxe hardshell case by TKL
For more information about the Collings D2HA Varnish, please contact us.