Designed around the time of the Civil War, the Collings 002HA is a guitar you need to appreciate in the flesh. This acoustic is offered in a 12-fret configuration, with a slotted headstock , small pyramid bridge, wider neck, shorter string scale, and features a scalloped pre-war x-brace of Adirondack. This little finger-style guitar has wonderfully complex highs and lows and is one of the most responsive guitars we’ve ever heard here at Eddie’s Guitars. We don’t want to put it down!
Read more about the 002HA - Varnish here.
Other specifications include:
- Top Adirondack spruce
- Back & Sides E. Indian rosewood
- Neck Honduran mahogany
- Body Binding Ivoroid with herringbone purfling
- Fingerboard Binding None
- Peghead Binding None
- Bridge Ebony pyramid-style with 2 3/16" spacing
- Fingerboard Ebony with abalone short diamond & squares
- Bridge Pins/End Pin Ebony with MOP dot
- Nut Bone, 1 3/4"
- Saddle Bone, Drop-in
- Neck Profile Modified V
- Peghead Profile Tapered slotted square with volute
- Neck Joint Mortise & tenon hybrid
- Truss Rod Fully adjustable
- Frets Medium 18% nickel-silver
- Peghead Veneer Stained Exotic Ebony with MOP Collings Logo
- Tuners Nickel Waverly Slot (4063)
- Backstrip 2-style (Zipper)
- Rosette iv/tort/iv & b/w purflings
- Scale Length 24 7/8"
- Brace Material Adirondack spruce
- Brace Pattern Pre-war scalloped X-brace
- Fingerboard Radius 14" - 26" compound
- Body Finish Varnish
- Pickguard Tortoise
- Body Length 19 3/8"
- Body Depth 4"
- Lower Bout Width 14 1/4"
- Total Length 38"
- Strings D'Addario EJ-16 (.012"- .053")
- Case Deluxe Hardshell case by TKL
For more information on the Collings 002HA Varnish, please contact us.