Used/Demo – Dr. Z DB4 – 1×12 – Black
The DB4 is the fourth collaboration between Dr. Z and Brad Paisley (hence the name DB4: Doc & Brad’s fourth amp design). Brad asked for a rich and warm sounding British-voiced amp. I started with a clean sheet of paper.
The input of the amp uses a 5879 U.S. made pentode preamp tube. This was the tube selected by Les Paul to be used in his Gibson GA-40 Les Paul amp. The full-bodied silky tones of the 5879 are then driven into a rotatory frequency filter. This control selects between jangly brilliance to deep and full resonant tones and everything in between. To help fine adjust the hue of delivered frequency to the four EL84 output tubes is a cut control. Think of this as a tone control for your output tubes.
This original amp design has its own voice, one that doesn’t sound like any EL84 amp you have ever heard. It will be offered as a head, 1×12 “Classic-Lite” combo loaded with a Celestion Alnico Gold, and 2×12 “Bluesbreaker” combo loaded with two Celestion Alnico Blue speakers.
Other specifications of the Dr. Z DB4 include:
- Power Output 18/38 Watts (standard with Half/Full power switch)
- Output Tubes 4 – EL84 (Cathode Biased)
- Preamp Tubes 1 – 5879, 1 – 12AX7
- Rectifier 1 – 5AR4
- Controls Volume, Rotatory Tone Switch, Cut
- Other 4, 8, 16 Ohm
- 18/38 Half/Full power switch
- 1×12 “Classic-Lite” Combo (loaded with Celestion Gold)
- 1×12 “Classic-Lite” Combo: 23” W, 20 1/8” H, 10” D; 42 lbs.
For more information about the Dr. Z DB4 1×12 combo, please contact us.
PLEASE CALL: 314-781-7500
Out of stock