7 lbs 10 oz
Hold – Paul Reed Smith McCarty – Faded Violet Smokeburst
Attention! McCarty in this house! It should be in your house!
This Paul Reed Smith McCarty in Faded Violet Smokeburstis a stunner. Visually, sonically and it has all the ‘feels’.
The PRS McCarty model pays homage to a legacy of innovation. As the President of Gibson during a true golden era of guitar building (1950-1966), Ted McCarty was a pioneer of the electric guitar and musical instrument industry. In the late 1980’s, Paul Reed Smith called on Ted to consult with him on guitar design and production techniques. He not only served as Paul’s mentor but became a great friend of Paul and everyone he met at PRS.
In 1994, PRS released the first McCarty, an instrument that incorporated the full spectrum of techniques and knowledge Paul had gained from Ted as well as his own experiences as a guitar builder. It is in honor of Ted McCarty – his knowledge, his friendship, and his memory – that PRS reintroduced the McCarty model.
The PRS McCarty model features a slightly thicker back for enhanced tone and sustain and the 58/15 TM TCI treble and bass pickups, which were personally designed by Paul Reed Smith. 58/15’s are a vintage-style pickup with exceptional clarity and focused midrange. Additional appointments include a push/pull tone control with a 3-way toggle pickup switch for a complete palette of tones, a bound rosewood fretboard, and PRS stoptail bridge with brass studs for added resonance.
Other specifications include:
- Top Wood Figured Ten Top Maple
- Back Wood Mahogany
- Number of Frets 22
- Scale Length 25″
- Neck Wood Mahogany
- Fretboard Wood Rosewood with Binding
- Fretboard Inlays Birds
- Neck Shape Pattern
- Neck Depth At The Nut Pattern 28/32”
- Width of Fretboard at the Body Pattern 2 1/4”
- Width of Fretboard at the Nut Pattern 1 11/16”
- Truss Rod Cover “McCarty 594”
- Bridge PRS 2-Piece Stoptail
- Tuners PRS Phase III Locking Tuners
- Hardware Type Hybrid
- Treble Pickup 58/15 TM TCI Treble
- Bass Pickup 58/15 TM TCI Bass
- Controls Two Volume and Two Push/Pull Tone Controls with 3-Way Toggle Pickup Switch on Upper Bout
- Hard Case
- 7 lbs 10 oz
PLEASE CALL: 314-274-9571
Out of stock