Paul Reed Smith Private Stock 20th Anniversary Limited #6037 – Orange Tourmaline Smoked Burst/2016
The 20th Anniversary of Private Stock is a special moment – a moment to stop and celebrate 20 years of a program that drives much of the innovation and craftsmanship at PRS. To kickoff that celebration, Private Stock has made a limited edition run of 40 instruments that are unique in many ways. Paul Reed Smith played a huge role in the overall design of these instruments, which harkens back to Howard Leese’s ‘Golden Eagle’ model. Like the Golden Eagle, these guitars have slightly modified body dimensions, with a 1/16” thinner top and 1/8” thicker back than the normal PRS “Custom” body design, for a warmer tone. Paul also specified a very precise 24.6” scale length neck and hand-selected all of the East Coast curly maple tops from what he felt were two of the best batches of maple in PRS’s history. The electronics are also unique, with a three pickup configuration consisting of two narrow 408 treble and bass pickups and a Narrowfield middle pickup. The 5-way blade switch and control placements also nod to the Golden Eagle’s original electronics layout.
“When I played the prototypes for this model, they reminded me very much of what I would be making if I was still in a two-person shop,” stated Paul Reed Smith, PRS Guitars’ founder and Managing General Partner.
PRS Guitars completed the first Private Stock on April 19, 1996. The twenty year old program had started as a way to recapture the original essence of the PRS workshop with a small team making fewer guitars with more customization. With this mentality, Private Stock has allowed customers the opportunity to design the guitar of their dreams, and along the way Private Stock has also developed exclusive models and one-off instruments of their own design. In addition to customization opportunities, Private Stock instruments are built with the finest woods, materials, and attention to detail.
“There’s something magical about these guitars because they are simultaneously art, musical Instruments, and treasured possessions to joyfully spend time with,” Paul Reed Smith.
Other features include:
- Top Wood Deep, Wide-Curl Curly Maple Top
- Back Wood African ribbon mahogany
- Number of Frets 22
- Scale Length 24.6″
- Neck Wood Mahogany
- Fretboard Wood Madagascar Rosewood w/ Curly Maple Binding
- Fretboard Inlays Crushed Abalone Birds w/ Mother of Pearl Outlines
- Neck Shape Pattern
- Headstock Madagascar Rosewood Veneer w/ Curly Maple Binding and Crushed Abalone Private Stock Eagle w/ Mother of Pearl Outlines and Mother of Pearl “20th Anniversary” Banner
- Truss Rod Cover Madagascar Rosewood
- Bridge Private Stock Gen 3 Tremolo w/ Locking Saddles
- Tuners Phase III Locking Tuners w/ Gold Anodized Buttons
- Hardware Type Hybrid
- Treble Pickup Narrow 408 Treble
- Bass Pickup Narrow 408 Bass
- Middle Pickup Narrowfield
- Controls Volume, Tone, and 5-Way Blade Pickup Switch
- Case Black Private Stock Case w/ Black Lustre Interior and Embroidered 20th Anniversary Private Stock Logo and Nickel Hardware
- 7 lbs 13 oz
PLEASE CALL: 314-781-7500
Out of stock