Fender Duo-Sonic – Surf Green
Since its debut in 1956, the Duo-Sonic has found its way into the hands of genre-defining artists, becoming an underground sensation that helped create alternative music in the dingy clubs of New York City. A surprisingly hip guitar with upgraded contemporary features, this instrument features
slick style and a unique sound that’s perfectly at home in modern music.
Almost infinitely flexible, the pair of Duo-Sonic single-coil pickups in the bridge and neck positions lends a unique character to for everything from bright, jangly arpeggios to heavy chords. Master volume and tone controls, along with a three-way pickup switch, shape the pickups’ voice to match the music. The 24” scale adds a bit of warmth and thickness to the guitar’s inherent tone, while granting a slinkier playing feel, making it easier to perform multi-step bends. Topped by a 9.5”-radius Pau Ferro fingerboard with 22 medium jumbo frets, the “C”-shaped maple neck is comfortable for all playing styles and ideal for players with smaller hands, or those who use extended chord forms. The six-saddle string-through-body hardtail Strat® bridge increases sustain while the bent steel saddles
add some zing to your tone, enhancing the upper harmonics to cut through a dense mix.
The downsized body is comfortable for smaller players or those who enjoy energetic stage performances. A gloss polyester finish protects the body while the neck bears a satin polyurethane finish for fast, easy playability.
Aesthetic appointments, including the knurled flattop control knobs, cast/sealed tuning machines and a three-ply Mint Green pickguard, add a
touch of classic Fender style to this updated design. The unsung hero of the alternative underground, the Duo-Sonic is perfect for players who desire a unique sound and visual style.
Other specifications include:
- Series: Offset
- Body Material: Alder
- Body Finish: Gloss Polyester
- Neck: Maple, “C” Shape
- Neck Finish: Satin Polyurethane
- Fingerboard: Pau Ferro, 9.5” (241 mm)
- Frets: 22, Medium Jumbo
- Position Inlays: White Dot
- Nut (Material/Width): Synthetic Bone, 1.650” (42 mm)
- Tuning Machines: Fender Standard Cast/Sealed
- Scale Length: 24” (610 mm)
- Bridge: 6-Saddle Strings-Through-Body Strat Hardtail with Bent Steel Saddles
- Pickguard: 3-Ply Mint Green
- Pickups: Duo-Sonic™ Single-coil (Bridge), Duo-Sonic™ Single-coil (Neck)
- Pickup Switching: 3-Position Toggle: Position 1. Bridge Pickup, Position 2. Bridge And Neck Pickups, Position 3. Neck Pickup
- Controls: Master Volume, Master Tone
- Control Knobs: Knurled Flat-Top
- Hardware Finish: Nickel/Chrome
- Strings: Fender® USA, NPS, (.010-.046 Gauges)
- 6 lbs 8 oz
For more information on the Fender Duo-Sonic, please contact us.
PLEASE CALL: 314-781-7500
Out of stock