7 lbs 9 oz
Fender Custom Shop Master Built Custom Sandblasted Stratocaster Heavy Relic – 3-Color Sunburst #004 / 2022 Spring Custom Shop Event
Paul Waller is a Southern California native with woodworking and luthiery in his blood. He built his first guitar at age 14 in his high school woodshop, joined a cabinet shop right out of high school and, after a stint at a small Southern California guitar maker, enrolled at the acclaimed Roberto-Venn School of Luthiery in Phoenix, from which he graduated in spring of 2000.
Waller joined Fender in 2003. He spent two years working closely with master arch-top craftsman Bob Benedetto, and became steeped in the many facets of building techniques from all the Custom Shop’s Master Builders. After an extensive seven-year apprenticeship, Waller became a Master Builder in 2010.
His Fender Custom Shop work includes bass guitars for U2’s Adam Clayton, a custom Thinline Telecaster for U2 vocalist Bono, Telecaster guitars for the Rolling Stones’ Keith Richards and co-work on a Stratocaster for fellow Stones guitarist Ronnie Wood, Stratocaster guitars for Buddy Guy, the Nile Rodgers “Hitmaker” Stratocaster, and a custom double-neck Jazzmaster for Queens Of The Stone Age guitarist Troy Van Leeuwen.
This particular bass was on display at the 2022 Spring Fender Custom Shop Event. We were lucky enough to acquire this show piece for Eddies’s Guitars.
Other features include:
- Fender Part # 9216095023
- Display # 004
- Heavy Relic® Lacquer Finish
- Sandblasted 2-Piece Select Alder Body
- Flat Sawn Maple Neck with ’60 Style Oval “C” Back-Shape
- Flat-Lam Rosewood Fingerboard
- 9.5″ Radius
- 21 Medium Jumbo (6150) Frets
- Josefina Hand-Wound Texas Special™ (Bridge) and Fat ’50s (Neck/Middle) Pickups
- Vintage Modified #2 Wiring with Tone-Saver Bleed
- 5-Way Switch
- 3-Ply Tortoise Pickguard
- American Vintage Synchronized Tremolo
- Vintage-Style Tuning Machines
- Bone Nut
- Wing String Tree with Tall Metal Spacer
- Deluxe Hardshell Case; Strap; Certificate of Authenticity.
- Master Built By Paul Waller
- 7 lbs 9 oz
For more information about this Fender Custom Shop Master Built Instrument, please contact us.
PLEASE CALL: 314-781-7500
Out of stock