Fender Custom Shop 2018 Journeyman Relic 1959 Custom Esquire – Aged Shoreline Gold
Simplify—amplify. Nothing rings truer to Leo Fender’s philosophy than the iconic single-pickup 1959 Esquire®. This Tele® precursor commands attention with its hand-wound ’58 Tele® bridge pickup and full-throttle wiring—capturing player feel and articulation, while screaming with legendary Esquire® tone and style. Wearing a carefully aged Journeyman Relic® lacquer finish, the Time Machine Esquire® Custom has the looks and playing feel of a true vintage example.
An unapologetic re-imagination of a true Fender® original, this guitar boasts vintage features like a two-piece select ash body and tinted quartersawn AA flame maple neck with a large “C”-shaped neck profile and a slab rosewood fingerboard, while delivering modern playability in a 9.5”-radius fingerboard with 21 6105 frets.
Additional appointments include a handy Tele® conversion kit for players who wish to use a second pickup, 3-way switch, single-ply parchment pickguard, vintage-style tuning machines, bone nut and wing string tree. Includes deluxe hardshell case, strap and Certificate of Authenticity.
Other specifications include:
- Model Name: 1959 Esquire® Custom Journeyman Relic®, Rosewood Fingerboard, Aged Shoreline Gold
- Model Number: 9235000530
- Series: Time Machine
- Color: Aged Shoreline Gold
- Body Shape: Telecaster®
- Body Material: 2-Piece Select Alder
- Body Finish: Nitrocellulose Lacquer
- Neck Material: AA Flame Quartersawn Maple
- Neck Shape: Large “C”
- Scale Length: 25.5″ (648 mm)
- Fingerboard Radius: 9.5″ (241 mm)
- Number of Frets: 21
- Fret Size: 6105 Narrow Jumbo
- String Nut: Bone
- Nut Width: 1.650″ (42 mm)
- Headstock: Telecaster®
- Neck Plate: 4-Bolt with Custom Shop “V” Logo
- Neck Finish: Nitrocellulose Lacquer
- Fingerboard: AAA Rosewood
- Position Inlays: Clay Dot
- Bridge Pickup: Custom Shop Hand-Wound ’58 Single-Coil Tele®
- Controls:Volume, Tone
- Pickup Switching: 3-Position Toggle: Position 1. Full Volume, Straight To Output Jack, Position 2. Pickup To Volume Pot, Position 3. Pickup To Volume and Tone Pots.
- Pickup Configuration: S
- Bridge: 3-Saddle Vintage Style Tele® with Threaded Steel Saddles
- Tuning Machines: Vintage-Style with Fender Logo
- Orientation: Right-Hand
- Hardware Finish: Nickel/Chrome
- Pickguard: 1-Ply ParchmentControl Knobs: Knurled Flat-Top
- Switch Tips: Top Hat Style
- Strings: Fender® USA, NPS, (.010-.046 Gauges)
- Included Accessories: Deluxe Hardshell Case; Strap; Certificate of Authenticity
- 7 lbs 3 oz
For more information about theFender Custom Shop 2018 Journeyman Relic 1959 Custom Esquire – Aged Shoreline Gold, please contact us.
PLEASE CALL: 314-781-7500
Out of stock