8 lbs 4 oz
Fender Custom Shop 1963 Jaguar Journeyman – Super Faded Aged Sonic Blue/2022 Custom Shop Spring Dealer Event
The Jaguar debuted in 1962 with several compelling new features, including a shorter scale length, individual pickup on/off switches, hotter shielded pickups for reduced hum, and a string mute. The 1963 Jaguar Journeyman Relic is a faithful recreation of those originals, with a two-piece select alder body in a Journeyman Relic lacquer finish. The rift-sawn maple neck has a ’62-style Jaguar “C” profile, topped by a 9.5”-radius round-lam fingerboard with 22 narrow tall frets for a modern playing experience.
True to its vintage, this striking guitar boasts shielded pickups to eliminate hum, a Jazzmaster® rhythm circuit, ’62 Jaguar® pickups. The 9.5”-radius rosewood fingerboard and 22 6105 frets give this relic a modern playing edge—uniquely Jaguar®.
Additional highlights include a riftsawn maple neck with a 62 Jaguar neck profile, 3-ply mint pickguard, vintage tuning machines, bone nut and wing string tree. Includes deluxe hardshell case, strap and Certificate of Authenticity.
This particular instrument was on display at the 2022 Fender Custom Shop Spring Dealer Event. We were lucky enough to acquire this show piece for Eddies’s Guitars.
Other specifications include:
- Model Name: 1963 Jaguar Journeyman – Super Faded Aged Sonic Blue
- Model Number: 9231012913
- Series: Time Machine
- Body Shape: Jaguar®
- Body Material: 2-Piece Select Alder
- Body Finish: Nitrocellulose Lacquer
- Neck Material: Maple Rift Sawn with Rosewood Fingerboard
- Neck Shape: 62 Jaguar
- Scale Length: 24″ (610 mm)
- Fingerboard Radius: 9.5″ (241 mm)
- Number of Frets: 22
- Fret Size: 6105 Narrow Jumbo
- String Nut: Bone
- Nut Width: 1.650″ (42 mm)
- Neck Plate: 4-Bolt with Custom Shop “V” Logo
- Neck Finish: Gloss Nitrocellulose Lacquer
- Fingerboard: AAA Rosewood
- Position Inlays: Clay Dot
- Bridge Pickup: Custom Shop ’62 Single-Coil Jaguar®
- Neck Pickup: Custom Shop ’62 Single-Coil Jaguar®
- Controls: Lead Circuit Controls (Slide Switch Down): Volume (Neck), Volume (Bridge), Master Tone; Rhythm Circuit Controls (Slide Switch Up): Two ThumbwheelControls for Neck Pickup Volume and Tone
- Pickup Switching: 2-On/Off Slide Switches, One for Each Pickup
- Pickup Configuration: SS
- Bridge: Adjustable Jaguar®/Jazzmaster®
- Tuning Machines: Vintage-Style with Fender Logo
- Orientation: Right-Hand
- Hardware Finish: Nickel/Chrome
- Pickguard: 3-Ply Mint
- Strings: Fender® USA, NPS, (.010-.046 Gauges)
- Included Accessories: Deluxe Hardshell Case, Strap, Certificate of Authenticity
- 8 lbs 4 oz
For more information about the Fender Custom Shop Instrument, please contact us.
PLEASE CALL: 314-781-7500
Out of stock