7 lbs 8 oz
Used – Fender Ben Gibbard Mustang – Natural
Since the late 1990s, Ben Gibbard has been a prominent voice in indie rock as singer-songwriter for the platinum-selling band Death Cab for Cutie. His melodic, personal songwriting style and the band’s powerful sound helped pave the way for generations of musicians to follow.
Ben’s modified ‘70s Fender Mustangs have been his preferred touring choice for years. The Ben Gibbard Mustang recreates his modified touring workhorses and adds some bold new enhancements.
Featuring a chambered ash body design for increased resonance and reduced weight and a one-piece 22-fret modern “C”-shaped maple neck with 9.5” radius fingerboard and medium jumbo frets, this guitar is a comfortable and versatile stage performer. Electronics include a set of custom, vintage-inspired Ben Gibbard Mustang pickups and a stage-ready 3-way rotary pickup selector switch. What appears to be a vintage-style Mustang bridge is actually an innovative modified hardtail setup, providing rock-solid stability, intonation and sustain.
Includes strap locks and a Fender gig bag.
Other specifications include:
- Body Material Chambered Ash
- Body Finish Gloss Polyester
- Body Shape Mustang®
- Neck Material Maple
- Neck Finish Gloss Urethane
- Neck Shape Modern “C”
- Scale Length 24″ (610 mm)
- Fingerboard Material Maple
- Fingerboard Radius 9.5″ (241 mm)
- Number of Frets 22
- Fret Size Medium Jumbo
- Nut Material Synthetic Bone
- Nut Width 1.650″ (42 mm)
- Position Inlays Black Dot
- Bridge Pickup Vintage-Style Single-Coil Mustang®
- Neck Pickup Vintage-Style Single-Coil Mustang®
- Controls Master Volume
- Switching 3-Position Rotary: Position 1. Neck Pickup (Full Clockwise), Position 2. Bridge and Neck Pickups (Middle), Position 3. Bridge Pickup (Full Counterclockwise)
- Configuration SS
- Bridge 6-Saddle Vintage-Style Mustang Tremolo
- Hardware Finish Nickel/Chrome
- Tuning Machines Vintage-Style with Fender Logo
- Pickguard 1-Ply Black
- Control Knobs Black Plastic
- Strings Fender® USA 250L Nickel Plated Steel (.009-.042 Gauges), PN 0730250403
- Case/Gig Bag Gig Bag
- 7 lbs 8 oz
For more information on this Fender instrument, please contact us.
PLEASE CALL: 314-781-7500
1 in stock