Fender American Original ’60s Stratocaster – Candy Apple Red
A period of change, both for Fender and for pop culture as a whole, the 1960s saw the Strat mellow slightly as it grew up. The white pickguard was updated to mint green, and the fingerboard was switched from the original maple to rosewood, adding a smoother note to the Strat’s clear, articulate voice. The American Original ‘60s Stratocaster keeps these refinements intact while adding modern feel and pickup switching to the iconic instrument that helped birth guitar rock as we know it.
The wax-potted Pure Vintage ‘65 single-coil Stratocaster pickups are as period-correct as possible, from the enamel-coated coil wire to the cloth-covered output wires, fiber bobbins and alnico 5 magnets. The thick “’60s C” neck profile and the 9.5”-radius fingerboard enhances playability. Other authentic touches include vintage-tall frets, original-era body radii, vintage-style hardware-including a six-point synchronized tremolo bridge- vintage-style hardshell case and a lacquer finish that not only lets the wood “breathe” naturally with resonant tone, it also ages in a distinctively appealing way.
The American Original ‘60s Stratocaster is the best way to experience the performance, style and tone that made Fender the choice of legends.
Other specifications include:
- Series:American Original
- Body Material:Alder
- Body Finish:Gloss Nitrocellulose Lacquer
- Neck:Maple, Thick “C”Neck Finish:Gloss Nitrocellulose Lacquer
- Fingerboard:Round-Laminated Rosewood, 9.5” (241 mm)
- Frets:21, Vintage Tall
- Position Inlays:Pearloid Dots
- Nut (Material/Width):Bone, 1.650” (42 mm)
- Tuning Machines:Pure Vintage Single Line “Fender Deluxe”
- Scale Length:25.5” (648 mm)
- Bridge:Pure Vintage 6-Saddle Synchronized Tremolo
- Pickguard:3-Ply Mint Green
- Pickups:Pure Vintage ‘65 Gray-Bottom Single-Coil Strat (Bridge/Middle/Neck)
- Pickup Switching:5-Position Blade: Position 1. Bridge Pickup Position 2. Bridge andMiddle Pickup Position 3. Middle Pickup Position 4. Middle andNeck Pickup Position 5. Neck Pickup
- Controls:Master Volume, Tone 1. (Neck Pickup), Tone 2. (Bridge/MiddlePickup)
- Control Knobs:Aged White
- Hardware Finish:Nickel/Chrome
- Strings:Fender® USA, NPS, (.010-.046 Gauges)
- Case/Gig Bag:Vintage-Style Hardshell
- 8 lbs 2 oz
For more information about the Fender American Original ’60s Stratocaster, please contact us.
Out of stock