7 lbs 3 oz
Fender American Original ’50s Telecaster – Butterscotch Blonde/B Stock
The ultimate blue-collar guitar, the Telecaster launched a musical revolution when we released it. Quickly adopted by working guitarists who were enamored with its trend-setting sound, feel and unique style, the Telecaster laid the foundation for modern country, blues and even heavy metal (in Jimmy Page’s hands). The American Original ‘50s Telecaster has all of the authentic Fender touches that made the Telecaster a star of the studio and stage, adding modern feel and pickup switching to this classic guitar.
The Pure Vintage ’52 single-coil Telecaster pickups are as period-correct as possible, from the enamel-coated coil wire to the cloth-covered output wires, fiber bobbins and alnico 3 magnets. We even made sure the steel base plates are copper-plated, while the pickups’ pole pieces are flush-mounted like the originals. The thick “U”-shaped neck profile gracefully fills the fret hand, while the 9.5”-radius fingerboard will feel familiar to any player. Other authentic touches include vintage-tall frets, original-era body radii, vintage-style hardware—including three brass barrel saddles—vintage-style hardshell case and a lacquer finish that not only lets the wood “breathe” naturally with resonant tone, it also wears in a distinctively appealing way.
The American Original ‘50s Telecaster is the best way to experience the performance, style and tone that made Fender the foundation of modern music.
Other specifications include:
- Series:American Original
- Body Material:Ash
- Body Finish:Gloss Nitrocellulose Lacquer
- Neck:Maple, 1952 “U”Neck Finish:Gloss Nitrocellulose Lacquer
- Fingerboard:Maple, 9.5” (241 mm)
- Frets:21, Vintage Tall
- Position Inlays:Black Dots
- Nut (Material/Width):Bone, 1.650” (42 mm)
- Tuning Machines:Pure Vintage Single Line “Fender Deluxe”Scale Length:25.5” (648 mm)
- Bridge:3-Saddle Vintage-Style Strings-Through-Body Tele with Brass Barrel Saddles
- Pickguard:1-Ply Black Phenolic
- Pickups:Pure Vintage ‘52 Single-Coil Tele (Bridge/Neck)Pickup Switching:3-Position Blade: Position 1. Bridge Pickup, Position 2. Bridge and Neck Pickups, Position 3. Neck PickupControls:Master Volume, Master Tone
- Control Knobs:Knurled DomeHardware Finish:Nickel/Chrome
- Strings:Fender® USA 250R NPS, (.010-.046 Gauges)
- Case/Gig Bag:Vintage-Style Hardshell
- 7 lbs 3 oz
For more information about the Fender American Original ’50s Telecaster, please contact us.
PLEASE CALL: 314-781-7500
Out of stock