Caparison TAT Special FM – Trans Satin Black Matt
The pinnacle of Caparison design are the now-legendary TAT Special. It’s foundations were laid in 1995 with a 24-fret sample model and since then it’s continued to flourish and evolve into the technically sophisticated, elite instrument it is today. Its beautifully unique body structure, the Caparison Tat curve top, is an asymmetrical 27-fret design with an arched body top, resulting in a more comfortable, complimentary playing experience beyond the 12th fret.
The ingenious evolutionary construction continues with the use of Flame Maple Top/Mahogany Back material for both sides, creating the lasting sustain of a sound that, due to its luxury 5 piece Maple Walnut through-neck has lasting strength, stability and unquestionable quality.
The PH-R bridge pickup is a fundamental characteristic of a TAT-Special that’s combined with the Caparison “SH-27F” neck pick-up, obtaining an amazing clarity of sound that can be perfectly governed by Caparison’s unique Rotary Switch Mode. Simple and practical, this pickup selector is an option that gives you a rich supply of tones that makes this guitar as versatile as it is beautiful.
The 3-way pickup selector switch activates rotary switch mode when in the center position. The the 4-way rotary switch can then be used to change the pick-up output.
Other features include:
- Model Name: TAT Special FM
- Body Shape: TAT Special
- Top: 6A Flame Maple (TAT Curve)
- Back: Mahogany
- Bridge: Schaller S-FRT II
- Head Top: Pro. Black
- Neck Finish: Urethane Matt
- Body Finish: Trans. Stain Black Matt
- Hardware: Schaller Black, Gotoh Cosmo Black
- Neck Joint: Neck-Through (Slant Heel)
- Neck Material: 5-Piece Maple/Walnut
- Neck Grip: Caparison
- Fingerboard: Ebony with White Binding
- Radius: 350mmR to 400mmR
- Scale Length: 648mm (25 1/2″)
- Nut Width: 42mm
- No. of Frets: 27
- Fret Type: Jumbo, Nickel Silver
- Depth, 1st Fret Approx. 21.0mm
- Depth, 12th Fret Approx. 22.0mm
- Nut: Schaller R2 Locking
- Position Inlay: Clock
- Headstock: Devil’s Tail, TAT Special Logo
- Head Angle: 15 Degrees
- Tuners: Gotoh SG381-07 H.A.P.
- Tuning: Regular
- Strings: RotoSound R9 (.009-.042)
- Neck Pickup: Caparison SH-27F
- Bridge Pickup: Caparison PH-R
- Controls: CTS Master Volume, Schaller 3-Way Mega Switch, 4-Way Rotary Switch
- Case: Reunion Blues Continental Case
- 8 lbs 2 oz
For more information about this Comparison instrument, please contact us.
1 in stock