Alembic Darling – Buckeye Burl
Is there a lighter weight Alembic guitar with all the look, feel, and tone of the bigger models?
The short answer is “yes.”
The slightly longer answer is that the Little Darling guitar may be small, but that only adds to its charms. The sound is anything but tiny. Thanks to neck through construction, lasting sustain is in your future. Rich low end response and crystalline highs are also a credit to the neck construction.
The body is carved with tummy and elbow contours for an incredibly comfortable fit. The elbow carving also exposes the layers of accent laminates under the top. We think the Heart Omega carving at the bottom of the body makes it all the more “darling.” We also make the slightly larger Darling guitar.
Electronics include a volume and filter for each pickup. Pickup selection is logical with an off/on/bright switch for each pickup. The amount of brightness in the “bright” setting can be adjusted to your personal preferences with a screwdriver-adjusted trimpot in the electronics cavity. Get ready to rethink your effector units and EQ settings, because this guitar is coming at you clean and clear, and it prefers to start things out with flat settings on the rest of your signal chain. The output jack is side-mounted and features welded palladium contacts for durability.
Other specifications include:
- Buckeye Burl top
- 25.5″ Scale
- Custom Fingerboard Dimensions 1.5″ @ Nut/2.09375″ @ Bridge
- Ebony Fingerboard
- Accent woods purpleheart & maple
- Mahogany back
- Wood back-plates (3)
- Neck woods maple – purpleheart – vermillion
- Side LEDs red with blue at 12th & 24th
- Abalone ovals with Silver Wrap
- Heart Omega
- 2 Alembic HGR pickups
- Volume, filter, off/on/bright for each pickup, mono output
- Alembic brass hardware, height adjutable nut, truss rod cover, bridge and Alembic Bird tailiece
- All hardware chrome plated
- Chrome straplocks
- Chrome Alembic Gotoh tuners
- Polished Bronze Alembic Inlaid Logo with mother of pearl cloud and abalone Dragon Circle
- Gloss polyester finish with satin finished back of neck
- Hard Case
- 8 lbs 4 oz
For more information about the Alembic Darling, please contact us.
1 in stock