6 lbs 9 oz
Fender Custom Shop LTD 1972 Telecaster Thinline Journeyman Relic – Aged White Blonde/NAMM Instrument
1972 saw the introduction of a new Telecaster® Thinline model that took Fender’s venerable workhorse guitar into bold new territory in both sound and style. Most prominently, two big new high-output humbucking pickups designed by famed pickup maker Seth Lover were housed in a curvaceous new pickguard, below which was mounted a new six-saddle Stratocaster® bridge.
The Limited Edition ’72 Tele Thinline honors that year’s model, featuring a hollow two-piece select ash body with f-hole and Heavy Relic lacquer finish. The AA quartersawn flame maple neck has a ’60s-style “oval-C” profile, topped by a 9.5”-radius round-lam maple fingerboard (round-lam rosewood fingerboard on Blue Flower) with 21 narrow tall frets.
The pickups are wound to the original spec, with 12 adjustable “cunife” (copper-nickel-iron) magnets—just like the originals—for hum-canceling high output grit. Other features include aged pearloid pickguard, three-way blade pickup switch, hardtail Strat bridge (Custom Shop Vintage Synchronized Strat Tremolo on Blue Flower), Schaller® “F” tuners, bone nut, and “wing” string trees. Includes deluxe hardshell case, strap and certificate of authenticity.
Schaller is a trademark of its respective owner.
This particular guitar was on display at the 2020 Winter NAMM Show In Anahiem, California. We were lucky enough to acquire this show piece for Eddies’s Guitars.
Other specifications include:
- Model Name: Limited Edition ’72 Telecaster Thinline Journeyman Relic®, Maple Fingerboard, Aged White Blonde
- Model Number: 9235001190
- Series: Limited Edition
- Color: Aged White Blonde
- Body Shape: Telecaster®
- Body Material: 2-Piece Select Ash
- Body Finish: Journeyman Relic® Lacquer
- Neck Material: AA Flame Quartersawn Maple
- Neck Shape: 60s Oval “C”
- Scale Length: 25.5″ (648 mm)
- Fingerboard Radius: 9.5″ (241 mm)
- Number of Frets: 21
- Fret Size: Narrow Tall
- String Nut: Bone
- Nut Width: 1.650″ (42 mm)
- Neck Finish: Lite Tint Nitrocellulose Lacquer
- Fingerboard: Round-Laminated Maple
- Position Inlays: Black Dot
- Bridge Pickup: Wide-Range CuNiFe Humbucking
- Neck Pickup: Wide-Range CuNiFe Humbucking
- Controls: Master Volume, Master Tone
- Pickup Switching: 3-Position Blade: Position 1. Bridge Pickup, Position 2. Bridge and Neck Pickups, Position 3. Neck Pickup
- Bridge: 6-Saddle Hardtail
- Tuning Machines: Schaller® “F”
- Orientation: Right-Hand
- Hardware Finish: Chrome
- Pickguard: 3-Ply Black
- Control Knobs: Knurled Dome
- Switch Tips: Top Hat Style
- Strings: Nickel Plated Steel (.010-.046 Gauges)
- 6 lbs 9 oz
For more information about the Fender Custom Shop 1972 Telecaster Thinline Journeyman Relic, please contact us.
PLEASE CALL: 314-781-7500
Out of stock