Fender Custom Shop LTD 1972 Telecaster Thinline Custom Relic – Seafoam Green Sparkle
1972 saw the introduction of a new Telecaster® Thinline model that took Fender’s venerable workhorse guitar into bold new territory in both sound and style. Most prominently, two big new high-output humbucking pickups designed by famed pickup maker Seth Lover were housed in a curvaceous new pickguard, below which was mounted a new six-saddle Stratocaster® bridge.
The Limited Edition ’72 Tele Thinline honors that year’s model, featuring a hollow two-piece select ash body with f-hole and Heavy Relic lacquer finish. The AA quartersawn flame maple neck has a ’60s-style “oval-C” profile, topped by a 9.5”-radius round-lam rosewood fret board with 21 narrow tall frets.
The pickups are wound to the original spec, with 12 adjustable “cunife” (copper-nickel-iron) magnets—just like the originals—for hum-canceling high output grit. Other features include aged pearloid pickguard, three-way blade pickup switch, hardtail Strat bridge (Custom Shop Vintage Synchronized Strat Tremolo on Blue Flower), Schaller® “F” tuners, bone nut, and “wing” string trees. Includes deluxe hardshell case, strap and certificate of authenticity.
Schaller is a trademark of its respective owner.
Other specifications include:
- Series: Limited Edition
- Color: Seafoam Green Sparkle
- Body Shape: Telecaster®
- Body Material: 2-Piece Select Ash
- Body Finish: Journeyman Relic® Lacquer
- Neck Material: AA Flame Quartersawn Maple
- Neck Shape: 60s Oval “C”
- Scale Length: 25.5″ (648 mm)
- Fingerboard Radius: 9.5″ (241 mm)
- Number of Frets: 21
- Fret Size: Narrow Tall
- String Nut: Bone
- Nut Width: 1.650″ (42 mm)
- Neck Finish: Lite Tint Nitrocellulose Lacquer
- Fingerboard: Round-Laminated Rosewood
- Bridge Pickup: Wide-Range CuNiFe Humbucking
- Neck Pickup: Wide-Range CuNiFe Humbucking
- Controls: Master Volume, Master Tone
- Pickup Switching: 3-Position Blade: Position 1. Bridge Pickup, Position 2. Bridge and Neck Pickups, Position 3. Neck Pickup
- Bridge: 6-Saddle Hardtail
- Tuning Machines: Schaller® “F”
- Orientation: Right-Hand
- Hardware Finish: Chrome
- Pickguard: 3-Ply Tortoise
- Control Knobs: Knurled Dome
- Switch Tips: Top Hat Style
- Strings: Nickel Plated Steel (.010-.046 Gauges)
- 6 lbs 2 oz
For more information about the Fender Custom Shop Instrument, please contact us.
PLEASE CALL: 314-781-7500
Out of stock