Ernie Ball Music Man DarkRay 5 – White Sparkle
And here ya go – White Sparkle Darkray 5! Classy, unique, and thumpin!
Read the specs below – but just know – this is a serious beast of a bass…
Designed in collaboration with world-renowned bass accessory manufacturer Darkglass Electronics, the DarkRay unlocks a whole new range of sonic capabilities.
At the heart of every instrument is its tone: in this case, a modern 2 Band EQ preamp was designed by Darkglass specifically for the DarkRay. This preamp offers three modes with very distinct and useful sounds: Clean, Alpha (distortion), and Omega (fuzz). Both distortion circuits are fully mixable via an onboard gain knob and blend control manipulated to the user’s preference. Astonishing clean, slight gain, or a brutal fuzz tone is obtainable, all with no low-end loss. A bright LED ring and the 3-way lever switch indicates which mode the bass is in.
The DarkRay is every bit a Stingray Special with neodymium humbucking pickup, roasted maple neck, comfort contoured body, 22 stainless steel frets, and the familiar 4+1 headstock configuration.
Other specifications include:
- Size 13-3/8″ wide, 1-5/8″ thick, 45-3/4″ long (34.0 cm wide, 4.1 cm thick, 116.2 cm long)
- Body Wood Select Hardwood
- Body Finish High Gloss Polyester
- Bridge Vintage Music Man® top loaded Black plated, steel bridge plate with vintage Black plated steel saddles
- Pickguard Black
- Scale Length 34″
- Neck Radius 11″ (27.9 cm)
- Headstock Size Only 8-3/4″ (22.2 cm) long
- Frets 22 – High profile, wide, stainless steel
- Neck Width 1-3/4″ (44.5 mm) at the nut; 2-3/4″ (69.9 mm) at the last fret
- Neck Wood Roasted Maple
- Fingerboard Ebony
- Fret Markers Dot
- Neck Finish Gunstock oil and hand-rubbed special wax blend
- Neck Colors Natural
- Tuning Machines Custom Music Man, lightweight with tapered string posts and ergonomic clover design
- Neck Attachment 5 bolts – perfect alignment with no shifting; Sculpted neck joint allows smooth access to higher frets
- Electronic Shielding Graphite acrylic resin coated body cavity and aluminum lined pickguard
- Controls vol, gain, blend, treble, bass
- Switching 3-way lever distortion selector; Preamp Only, Preamp+Alpha Distortion, Preamp+Omega Distortion
- Pickups Single Humbucking with Neodymium magnets
- Strings 45w-65w-80w-100w-130w (Regular Slinky Bass #2836)
- Build Code 129-25-51-WB-CS-B1
- Hard Case
- 8 lbs 13 oz
For more information about the Ernie Ball Music Man DarkRay 5, please contact us.
PLEASE CALL: 314-781-7500
1 in stock