9 lbs 2 oz
Dingwall Combustion 5 Ultra Violet
The body is swamp ash and modelled on our Custom Shop Afterburner. It’s compact and lightweight, making for a bass that’s comfortable to wear and beautifully balanced. The five-piece maple neck is securely attached via four bolts and the fingerboard employs Ralph Novak’s fanned-fret system and a 34–37” scale spread (the scale length of the B string is three inches longer than the G), with a 240mm fretboard radius making it superfast over a full two octaves.
The Combustion comes fitted with Dingwall FD3-N pickups that are made to our exacting specifications using neodymium magnets, which offer both high output and a smooth, but aggressive tone. They’re wired to a 3-band EMG preamp, along with a 4-position Quad-tone pickup selector, master volume and an active/passive toggle switch.
The bridge started with an available bridge/saddle system that met our requirements for solid performance and great tone. We then improved on it by designing a custom riser system to provide an increased range of flexibility when it comes to adjusting the action. The headstock combines the same minimalist shape of the Afterburner with the lightest import tuners we could find. We collaborated with Hipshot to modify their Ultra-lite tuners, which resulted in a shorter tuning peg that allows proper downward angle at the nut for maximum sustain and improved stability.
Other specifications include:
- Hybrid Manufacturing China/Canada
- Scale Length 5-String: 37” –34” (940mm –864mm)
- Body Swamp Ash with Quilt Maple top ( burst finishes )
- Neck 5-Piece maple, bolt-on
- Fingerboard Maple
- 9.45 inch radius (240mm)
- Frets 24 acoustic-sized frets, Novax Fanned-fret system ®
- Pickups 3 x Dingwall FD3-N
- Preamp EMG 3-band (bass, mid, treble)
- Controls Master volume, Quad-tone pickup selector, active 3-band EMG EQ, active/passive toggle switch.
- Bridge Hipshot/Dingwall
- String Spacing at Bridge 5-String: 0.709” (18mm)
- Tuners Hipshot/Dingwall
- Case Dingwall padded gigbag included
- 9 lbs 2 oz
PLEASE CALL: 314-274-9571
Out of stock