9 lbs 0 oz
Fender American Vintage II 1960 Precision Bass – 3- Color Sunburst
The Fender® American Vintage II series presents a remarkably accurate take on the revolutionary designs that altered the course of musical history. Built with period-accurate bodies, necks and hardware, premium finishes and meticulously voiced, year-specific pickups, each instrument captures the essence of authentic Fender craftsmanship and tone.
The late ‘50s to the early ‘60s was a watershed period in the development of the Precision Bass®, a time of transition that would see the introduction of many new appointments that would become synonymous with the P-Bass®. By 1960, the design of the P-bass had eclipsed the earlier cues culled from the Telecaster® – now the P-bass had a Strat®-style headstock shape, comfort-contours, pickguard mounted electronics and 4-saddle bridge. Adorned in 3-Color Sunburst and topped with a 4-ply tortoiseshell pickguard, the 1960 Precision Bass represented a more refined, enduring aesthetic for the model.
Featuring a premium alder body, Pure Vintage ‘60 Split-Coil P-Bass pickup and a substantial “C” shape hard rock maple neck mated with a 7.25” radius slab rosewood fingerboard, the American Vintage II 1960 Precision Bass reproduces the quintessential tone and feel of the original.
The instruments in the American Vintage II series are direct descendants of the original Fenders: designed for players with a fine appreciation for vintage Fender tone and feel and built with unmatched quality, down to the last screw. These are Fender electrics in their purest form: Fender American Vintage II, the stuff of legends.
Other specifications include:
- Model # 0190160800
- Body Material Alder
- Body Finish Gloss Nitrocellulose Lacquer
- Body Shape Precision Bass®
- Middle Pickup Pure Vintage ’60 Split-Coil Precision®
- Controls Master Volume, Master Tone
- Configuration Split Single-Coil
- Bridge Pure Vintage 4-Saddle with Threaded Steel Saddles
- Hardware Finish Nickel/Chrome
- Tuning Machines Pure Vintage Reverse Open-Gear
- Pickguard 4-Ply Tortoiseshell
- Control Knobs Knurled Flat-Top
- Neck Plate 4-Bolt Serialized
- Strings Fender® USA 7250M Nickel Plated Steel (.045-.105 Gauges), PN 0737250406
- Neck Material Maple
- Neck Construction 4-Bolt
- Neck Finish Gloss Nitrocellulose Lacquer
- Neck Shape 1960 “C”
- Scale Length 34″ (86.36 cm)
- Fingerboard Material Slab Rosewood
- Fingerboard Radius 7.25″ (184.1 mm)
- Number of Frets 20
- Fret Size Vintage Tall
- Nut Material Bone
- Nut Width 1.70″ (43.2 mm)
- Position Inlays Clay Dot
- Side Dots Vintage Clay
- Truss Rod Vintage-Style Butt Adjust
- Truss Rod Nut Vintage-Style Butt Adjust
- Case/Gig Bag Vintage-Style Brown (Orange Interior)
- 9 lbs 0 oz
For more information about this Fender instrument, please contact us.
PLEASE CALL: 314-781-7500
1 in stock