Fender American Original ’60s Precision Bass – 3-Color Sunburst/B Stock
By the 1960s, the Precision Bass was the workhorse electric bass; from the clubs of Detroit to the beaches of Southern California, its tone laid the foundation for modern music. The American Original ‘60s Precision Bass has all of the features with which the P Bass conquered the world of music—elegantly simple, its sound, style and comfort are joined by modern playability.
The Pure Vintage ’63 P Bass split-coil pickup is as period-correct as possible, from the enamel-coated coil wire to the cloth-covered output wires, fiber bobbins and alnico 5 magnets. There’s no mistaking the powerful punch of this pickup that helped shape the sound of modern music. The thick “1963 C”-shaped neck profile gracefully fills the fret hand, while the 9.5”-radius fingerboard will feel familiar to any player. Other authentic touches include vintage-tall frets, original-era body radii, vintage-style hardware—including a four-saddle vintage-style bridge—vintage-style hardshell case and a lacquer finish that not only lets the wood “breathe” naturally with resonant tone, it also wears in a distinctively appealing way.
An updated take on the instrument that created the pop culture soundtrack of the 20th century, the American Original ‘60s Precision Bass is the best way to get original-era sound and style with today’s feel.
Other specifications include:
- Series:American Original
- Body Material:Alder
- Body Finish:Gloss Nitrocellulose Lacquer
- Neck:Maple, “1963 C”Neck
- Finish:Gloss Nitrocellulose Lacquer
- Fingerboard:Round-Laminated Rosewood, 9.5” (241 mm)
- Frets:20, Vintage Tall
- Position Inlays:Vintage Clay DotNut (Material/Width):Bone, 1.73” (44 mm)
- Tuning Machines:Pure Vintage Reverse Open-gear
- Scale Length:34” (864 mm)
- Bridge:4-Saddle Vintage Style with Threaded Steel Saddles
- Pickguard:4-Ply Brown Shell
- Pickups:Pure Vintage ‘63 Split Single-Coil Precision Bass
- Controls:Master Volume, Master Tone
- Control Knobs:Knurled Flat-TopHardware Finish:Nickel/Chrome
- Strings:Fender® USA Bass 7250M, NPS (.045-.105 Gauges)
- Case/Gig Bag:Black Hardshell
- 8 lbs 11 oz
For more information about the Fender American Original ’60s Precision Bass guitar, please contact us.
Out of stock