Fender 2018 Limited Edition American Professional Jazz Bass Roasted Ash
Fender, we live and breathe electric instruments. We never rest—pushing craftsmanship to its limits, we design, test and endlessly experiment to create the best instruments on the planet. The Jazz Bass, a refinement of concepts first introduced in the Precision Bass, is the earliest example of this philosophy in action. Evolved for today’s musician, the American Professional Jazz Bass combines modern features and materials with Fender’s craftsmanship and expertise to produce a truly contemporary bass.
Speedy, powerful and articulate, the Jazz Bass quickly carved out a niche for itself when it was released in 1960. The slim, ultra-fast neck and slick offset-waist styling made it a favorite of bassists everywhere. Funk, fusion, disco and, of course, modern rock all owe a life debt to the fantastically versatile Jazz Bass.
Developed by pickup master Michael Bump, the brand-new V-Mod single-coil Jazz Bass pickups use a carefully selected blend of alnico
magnet types for balanced tone with authentic Fender sonic DNA. Designed for comfort and performance, the slim modern “C”-shaped neck
profile feels just right nestled in your hand, becoming one with you, while the narrow-tall frets provide a familiar playing feel and perfect intonation. Posiflex™ graphite support rods run the length of the neck, adding stability to the neck while resisting warping. The redesigned tuning machines use a fluted shaft, creating the optimum break angle over the nut while keeping the string windings tight for increased sustain and enhanced tuning stability.
The best of yesterday and today, the American Professional Jazz Bass is the latest form of electric inspiration from Fender. Step up and stake your claim to a legend.
This limited edition run will only produce 200 instruments worldwide.
Other specifications include:
- Body Material: Roasted Ash
- Body Finish: Natural
- Neck: Maple, “Slim C”
- Neck Finish: Satin Urethane Finish on Back, Gloss Urethane Finish on Front
- Fingerboard: Maple, 9.5” (241 mm)
- Frets: 20, Narrow Tall
- Position Inlays: Black Dots
- Nut (Material/Width): Bone, 1.5” (38.1 mm)
- Scale Length: 34” (864 mm)
- Bridge: 4-Saddle HiMass™ Vintage (String-Through-Body or Topload)
- Pickguard: 3-Ply Black/White/Black
- Pickups: V-Mod Single-Coil Jazz Bass® (Bridge/Middle)
- Controls: Volume 1. (Neck Pickup), Volume 2. (Middle Pickup), Master Volume
- Control Knobs: Black Vintage-Style
- Hardware Finish: Nickel/Chrome
- Strings: Fender® USA Bass 7250M, NPS (.045-.105 Gauges)
- Case/Gig Bag: Elite Molded Case
- 8 lbs 1 oz
For more information on the Fender Limited Edition American Pro Jazz Bass Roasted Ash, please contact us.
PLEASE CALL: 314-781-7500
Out of stock