Komet Tremolo Songwriter – Head
The Tremolo Songwriter 30 was the last Trainwreck amplifier design that was built by the legendary Kenneth Fischer. Due to his failing health, Ken was only able to build two of these magnificent hand wired amplifiers. Komet Amplification has been awarded the license by Trainwreck to recreate the Songwriter 30 in exacting detail to the original. The result: The Komet Tremolo Songwriter. We are using “Bree”, one of the two original Trainwreck Songwriter amps that is on long term loan to Komet, as our reference amp. Every new Songwriter 30 is meticulously hand built and voiced, then it is play tested in comparison to “Bree” to be sure it sounds just as perfect. It’s powered by a quartet of cathode biased EL84/6BQ5 output tubes. The pre amp incorporates two 12AX7 tubes. It’s meticulously assembled and hand wired with only the best sounding and most reliable components.
Other features include:
- African Bubinga Front & Back Panel
- Solid construction, finger jointed, birch ply head box.l.
- Proprietary, custom designed power and output transformers.
- Precision laser cut chassis constructed from solid 1/8″ welded aircraft grade aluminum.
- Completely sealed, military-grade 2 Watt potentiometers.
- Audiophile grade, ceramic tube sockets with gold plated contacts.
- Front control panel includes: Bass, Volume & Treble controls and a three position selectable bright switch.
- Back control panel: IEC power input, Mains and H.T. fuse receptacles, 4, 8 and 16 Ohm selectable speaker outputs.
- Available with the option of 120 V / 240 V operation.
- Dimensions: 20 5/8″ long by 10″ deep by 9″ tall
- Weight: approximately 35 pounds
- Output power (before clipping): 33 Watts
- Tube Compliment: 2 – 12AX7, 4 x EL 84 / 6BQ5
- True Tube Tremolo, Speed and Intensity Controls
- Hand wired and manufactured by Komet Amplification, built with the finest quality components.
For more information about the Komet Tremolo Songwriter, contact us.
PLEASE CALL: 314-781-7500
Out of stock