Carol Ann Tucana 3 – Head
The Tucana 3 is our latest amp in the Tucana range.
Tonally these amps are designed to cover many styles and are very suited to session players and players who need a very wide pallette of excellent tones. With the 3 channels, they can stray into higher gain levels , yet still retain full note definition and separation even with complex chord passages and have an ultra-quiet noise floor.
The first new feature of this amp are the seperate Input Level Controls for the Clean and OD channels. This gives much greater flexability than any of the previous models. It is possible to set the Clean Channel for a little more crunch or for maximum clean headroom
The overdrive range can be set very easily with the OD Input Level to suit the playing styles or musical genre from a range of blues through rock to modern high gain styles.
The Tucana 3 features our new BiasMon(TM) Bias Monitoring system, that constantly monitors the dissispation power of the power tubes by measuring the plate voltage, cathode current and screen dissipation in order to calculate the perfect bias point. The bias point is very easily set by using the two red and one green LED on the back panel. The adjustment is made from the back panel. THis makes it a total breeze to retube the amp without the need for any tools or bias monitor. Just turn the pot until the green LED indicates. The other advantage of this system is that you can very quickly make adjutments for changes in mains power at different venues. THis ensure your amp is ALWAYS running optimally.
THe Tucana 3 also features a new 5 Button Foot Controller that allows instant one action channel changing from any channel to another. The system also features a programmable efx loop switching system that allows you to program the foot controller to a)Switch Manually via the foot switch, b)Switch in when just CHA is selected, c) Switch in when CHB or CHC are selected or d)Switched in when the Lead Master. Programming it is dead simple.
THe foot controller attaches to the amp via a standard 3 Pin XLR-XLR Mic cable, making replacement at shows very easy.
The system has been tested with up to 300 ft of cable.
The power amp section runs the KT88s at a moderate 75W ensuring very long tube life. The transformer set has been designed to retain a ton of warmth, a tightness in the low end that has not been previously seen in the Tucana series.
Other specs include:
- KT-88 Output Tubes
- 75 Watts
- CH A Input Level: This sets the overall input gain for the clean Channel.
- CH B/C Input Level: This sets the overall input gain for the Overdrive Channels.
- CH A Bass, Middle & Treble: Clean Channel Tone Controls.
- CH B/C Bass, Middle & Treble: OD Channel Tone Controls.
- CH B Gain: Overdrive Channel B gain control.
- CH C Gain: Overdrive Channel C gain control.
- CH A Master: Master Volume for Clean Channel.
- CH B Master : Master Volume for OD Channel.
- CH C Master : Master Volume for Gain Boost.
- Lead Master: Lead Master Volume
- Presence: Global Presence Control.
- Footswitch Socket: Heavy duty 3 pin XLR connector for footswitch.
- Foot Controller: CH A, CH B, CH C , EFX Loop Switch with 4 programmable modes of operation, Lead Master with LED’s
- Efx Send and Return Jacks
- Efx Send Level Control
For more information about the Carol Ann Tucana 3, please contact us.
PLEASE CALL: 314-781-7500
Out of stock