4 lbs 4 oz
Hold – Santa Cruz OM Fort Ross “Chapel” Redwood/Brazilian
- Here at Eddie’s sometimes we very feel very privileged to curate and serve up some of the most amazing instruments on earth. This Santa Cruz OM Fort Ross Chapel Redwood/Brazilian is most certainly one of them.
We know what a special work of art these are even before they arrive. Simply stunning, RARE, and powerful. This is a player’s dream, a collector’s target, and a tone hounds envy.
These heirlooms don’t last long. And the Fort Ross Chapel Redwood will only be around for a short while. Hit us up and let’s pair you with this incredible specimen.
More info on the Santa Cruz OM and detailed specs…
In the 1920′s, the Orchestra Model was originally intended to be a large guitar capable of being heard over other orchestral instruments, hence the OM name. Although it fit the bill, its relatively large body was soon eclipsed by the mighty dreadnought. Fortunately, the OM had secured its place in history as a powerful and versatile voice for public performance. Santa Cruz was among the first modern builders to reintroduce this now smaller-bodied favorite at the beginning of the Eighties. Our practice of combining the most desirable attributes of old and new, rather than copying, made for a very successful introduction of the Santa Cruz Guitar Company to a whole new audience. With some irony, this acclaim encouraged the venerable originator of the OM to reintroduce the model to their line. Eric Clapton’s historic performance on the debut of MTV Unplugged set us on a course for another 25 years of success with this now perennial favorite.
Other specifications of the OM Custom include:
- Body Wood Richard Hoover Selected Brazilian back/sides
- Back Stripe & Tail Wedge Brazilian Rosewood
- Binding Cocobolo
- Top Wood Type Fort Ross “Chapel” Redwood
- Rosette, Back Strip Cocobolo
- Purfling Combo Top Border
- Bracing/Voicing Adirondack w/Hot Hide Glue, Advanced X Bracing
- Peghead Solid Square
- Peghead Cocobolo Bound
- Overlay Material Brazilian
- Tail Wedge Cocobolo
- Headstock Inlay SCGC
- Width at Nut 1-3/4″
- Neck Shape V with Volute
- Fingerboard Side Dots Black
- Fingerboard Inlay Cocobolo Century Block
- Width at 14th Fret 2-3/16
- Brazilian Fingerboard, Cocobolo Fingerboard Binding
- Brazilian Tail Wedge
- Scale Length 25.375
- Cocobolo Pyramid Bridge
- Bridge Spacing 2 1/4″
- Top Clear
- Back & Sides Clear/Buffed
- Neck Clear/Matte
- Pickguard Tortoise
- Tuners/gears Gold Waverlys with Snakewood
- Hard Case
- 4 lbs 4 oz
For more information about the Santa Cruz guitar, please contact us.
PLEASE CALL: 314-274-9571
Out of stock