Used – Santa Cruz Fingerstyle Custom – Moon Spruce & Mahogany (2020)
Get them digits loose – here is your lifer kids…
This USED Santa Cruz Fingerstyle Custom Moon Sruce/Mahogany is beckoning…
Thi fantastic FS Model was designed in response to the renaissance of alternate tunings for complex fingerstyle arrangements – and boy does it deliver!
Tacoma and Windham Hill labels provided the showcase for these new and sophisticated steel-string explorers who were attempting to express themselves on booming dreadnoughts. Will Ackerman, Robbie Basho, Daniel Hecht, Duck Baker, and Michael Hedges all looked to SCGC for the teams’ expertise in achieving custom tone to make an instrument with the perfect voice for this new style. With input from the pros, the tiny SCGC team at the time, which included Jeff Traugott, Michael Hornick, and Steve Palazzo, stepped up to the challenge with this concept: design and build a specialty fingerstyle instrument that responds with immediacy and volume to the minimized energy imparted from fingertips and the reduced tension of many open tunings
Give it a contemporary aesthetic of simple elegance and complexity of tone that the player can not outgrow.
Twenty-five plus years and numerous awards and accolades later, The Fretboard Journal credits the Santa Cruz FS as the inspiration for the guitar designs of some of the brightest lights in contemporary lutherie and a strong influence on major manufacturers. The FS is a truly sophisticated instrument that will allow the best possible presentation of your fingerstyle technique.
Other specifications include:
- Fingerstyle Model
- Honduran Mahogany Body
- Moon Spruce Top (clean and blonde)
- Scalloped bracing pattern
- Adirondack braces attached with hot hide glue
- Brazilian Rosewood binding on the body
- Brazilian Rosewood binding on the fingerboard
- Brazilian Rosewood binding on the peghead
- Brazilian Rosewood back strip
- Brazilian Fingerboard
- Brazilian Bridge
- Brazilian Overlay
- 1 13/16″ Nut Width
- Custom bridge spacing: 2-5/16″
- SCGC logo at 12th (no logo on headstock)
- Blue Purfle Combo on body
- Blue Rosette
- Blue/Maple purfling on fingerboard and peghead
- Aged Nickel Gotoh 510 Locking tuners with Brazilian Rosewood buttons
- Hard Case
For more information about this Santa Cruz instrument, please contact us.
PLEASE CALL: 314-781-7500
Out of stock