3 lbs 13 oz
Santa Cruz OM Custom – Fort Ross Chapel Redwood & The Tree Mahogany
The Tree. Coveted, rare, exquisite.
And Fort Ross Chapel Redwood. Also, Coveted, rare, exquisite. (From the Chapel at Fort Ross in California)
To have an instrument with elements of BOTH of these woods is to have an heirloom of great significance. Couple that with Santa Cruz craftsmanship and you truly have something special for the ages. Google this special feature – and then look at this instrument – you will ‘get it’.
More info on the Santa Cruz OM and detailed specs…
In the 1920′s, the Orchestra Model was originally intended to be a large guitar capable of being heard over other orchestral instruments, hence the OM name. Although it fit the bill, its relatively large body was soon eclipsed by the mighty dreadnought. Fortunately, the OM had secured its place in history as a powerful and versatile voice for public performance. Santa Cruz was among the first modern builders to reintroduce this now smaller-bodied favorite at the beginning of the Eighties. Our practice of combining the most desirable attributes of old and new, rather than copying, made for a very successful introduction of the Santa Cruz Guitar Company to a whole new audience. With some irony, this acclaim encouraged the venerable originator of the OM to reintroduce the model to their line. Eric Clapton’s historic performance on the debut of MTV Unplugged set us on a course for another 25 years of success with this now perennial favorite.
This beautiful, toneful, RARE specimen is looking for its forever home. And it will not last long. Get it while it’s here!
Other specifications of the OM Custom include:
- The Tree Mahogany Back & Sides
- Fort Ross Chapel Redwood Top
- Brazilian Rosewood Body Binding
- Brazilian Rosewood Fingerboard Binding
- Brazilian Rosewood Peghead Binding
- Brazilian Rosewood Headstock Overlay
- Brazilian Rosewood Heelcap
- Brazilian Rosewood Tail Wedge
- Abalone Rosette & Backstrip
- Combo Top Border Purfling
- Adirondack Spruce Braces w/Hot Hide Glue – Scalloped
- Solid Square Peghead
- SCGC Headstock Inlay
- Standard V Profile Neck with Volute
- White Fingerboard Side Dots
- Long Diamond & Squares Fingerboard Inlay
- 25.375″ Scale Length
- 1 3/4″ Nut width
- 2 1/4″ Bridge Spacing
- Fully Buffed Top, Back & Side Finish
- Satin Neck Finish
- Tortoise Pickguard
- Nickel Waverly Tuning Machines
- Ameritage Hard Case
- 3 Lb 13 Oz
For more information about the Santa Cruz OM Custom “The Tree” guitar, please contact us.
PLEASE CALL: 314-274-9571
1 in stock