Collings SJ Ziricote/Blue Spruce/NAMM Instrument
NAMM 2021 axe alert!
This Collings SJ Ziricote in Blue Spruce is a stunner. It’s a Collings – so no surprise there.
The SJ is our version of what is commonly called a small Jumbo. Although the 16 inch lower bout is slightly wider than a dreadnought, and the sides are almost as deep, the tight curve at the waist creates a very different sound chamber. SJs, typically have a more pronounced midrange response when compared to a dreadnought. Players looking for the bass and overall volume of a large guitar, but with lots of treble clarity and midrange crunch, often find just what they need in the curvaceous SJ.
This particular guitar was for the 2021 Winter NAMM Show. We were lucky enough to acquire this showpiece for Eddies’s Guitars.
Other specifications include:
- Top Blue spruce
- Back & Sides Ziricote
- Neck Honduran mahogany
- Body Binding Ivoroid with b/w/b/w/b purfling
- Fingerboard Binding .100″ ivoroid with b/w purfling
- Peghead Binding .100″ ivoroid with b/w purfling
- Bridge Ziricote modern-style with 2 3/16″ spacing
- Fingerboard Ziricote with MOP Modern Diamonds
- Fingerboard Radius 14″ – 26″ compound
- Bridge Pins/End Pin Ebony with MOP dot
- Nut Bone, 1 11/16″
- Saddle Bone, drop-in
- Neck Profile C-shape
- Peghead Profile Haircut
- Neck Joint Mortise & tenon hybrid
- Truss Rod Fully adjustable
- Frets Medium 18% nickel-silver
- Peghead Veneer Ziricote with MOP Collings logo
- Tuners Nickel Waverly (16:1 ratio)
- Backstrip 3-style (Chevron)
- Rosette Ivoroid with b/w purfling
- Scale Length 25 1/2″
- Brace Material Sitka spruce
- Brace Pattern Pre-war scalloped X-brace
- Body Finish High gloss nitrocellulose lacquer
- Pickguard Tortoise
- Strings D’Addario EJ-17 (.013″- .056″)
- Body Length 20 1/8″
- Body Depth 4 1/2″
- Lower Bout Width 16″
- Total Length 41″
- Case Deluxe hardshell case by TKL
For more information about the Collings SJ, please contact us.
PLEASE CALL: 314-274-9571
Out of stock