Telecaster in hand, Chrissie Hynde formed The Pretenders in 1979 and quickly established the band as a rock and roll powerhouse. Chrissie’s churning Tele rhythms have been the heartbeat of the band’s rugged sound from the very beginning.
The Chrissie Hynde Telecaster features an alder body finished in Faded Ice Blue Metallic Road Worn® lacquer, a custom mid-‘60s “C”-shaped maple neck with a 7.25” radius fingerboard - exactly matching Chrissie’s original, vintage-output Chrissie Hynde Tele pickups and a chrome mirror pickguard—all matching the unmistakable look and feel of Hynde’s treasured ’65 model.
Other specifications include:
- Body Material Alder
- Body Finish Road Worn® Nitrocellulose Lacquer
- Body Shape Telecaster®
- Neck Material Maple
- Neck Finish Road Worn® Nitrocellulose Lacquer
- Neck Shape Mid '60s "C"
- Scale Length 25.5" (648 mm)
- Fingerboard Material Rosewood
- Fingerboard Radius 7.25" (184.1 mm)
- Number of Frets 21
- Fret Size Vintage Tall
- Nut Material Synthetic Bone
- Nut Width 1.650" (42 mm)
- Position Inlays White Pearloid Dot
- Bridge Pickup Vintage-Style '50s Single-Coil Tele®
- Neck Pickup Vintage-Style '50s Single-Coil Tele®
- Controls Master Volume, Master Tone
- Switching 3-Position Blade: Position 1. Bridge, Position 2. Bridge and Neck, Position 3. Neck
- Configuration SS
- Bridge 6-Saddle Strings-Through-Body Tele® with Stainless Steel Saddles
- Hardware Finish Nickel/Chrome
- Tuning Machines Deluxe Cast/Sealed Locking with Vintage Style Button
- Pickguard 1-Ply Chrome
- Control Knobs Knurled Flat-Top
- Switch Tip Black
- Strings Fender® USA 250L Nickel Plated Steel (.009-.042 Gauges), PN 0730250403
- Case/Gig Bag Deluxe Hardshell
- 7 lbs 8 oz
For more information on this Fender Instrument, please contact us.