True to a remarkable era, the 1968 Stratocaster® has an exceptional regality that resonates through the decades. Boasting an oversized headstock at the end of a riftsawn “U”-shaped maple neck, topped off with a round-lam maple fingerboard, this guitar has the unforgettable, classic feel that only the Fender® Custom Shop can create. Giving it our signature Relic® treatment, a WLS undercoat priming a lacquer finish on a hand-selected two-piece select alder body and comfortable urethane finish on the neck completes this mouth-wateringly faithful Strat®.
In period-correct fashion, hand-wound ’69 pickups, complemented by 5-way switching and Vintage Modified #2 wiring, transcend the passage of time to recreate the warm and chimey tonal options you’d expect of this sublime guitar.
Additional appointments include a 9.5”-radius fingerboard, 21 6105 frets, 3-ply Eggshell pickguard, American Vintage synchronized tremolo, Fender “F”-stamped tuning machines, bone nut and wing string tree with nylon spacer. Includes deluxe hardshell case, strap and Certificate of Authenticity
Other specifications include:
- Model Name: 1968 Stratocaster Relic®, Maple Fingerboard, Faded Three Tone Sunburst
- Model Number: 9235000519
- Series: Time Machine
- Color: Faded Three Tone Sunburst
- Body Shape: Stratocaster®
- Body Material: Select Alder
- Body Finish: Nitrocellulose Lacquer Over Urethane Finish
- Neck Material: Maple Rift Sawn
- Neck Shape: 1969 "U"
- Scale Length: 25.5" (648 mm)
- Fingerboard Radius: 9.5" (241 mm)
- Number of Frets: 21
- Fret Size: 6105 Narrow Jumbo
- String Nut: Bone
- Nut Width: 1.650" (42 mm)
- Neck Plate: 4-Bolt Serialized with Custom Shop "V" Logo
- Neck Finish: Nitrocellulose Lacquer With Urethane Headcap
- Fingerboard: Round-Laminated Maple
- Position Inlays: Black Dots
- Bridge Pickup: Custom Shop Hand-Wound Texas Special™ Single-Coil Strat®
- Middle Pickup: Custom Shop Hand-Wound RWRP '69 Single-Coil Strat®
- Neck Pickup: Custom Shop Hand-Wound '69 Single Coil Strat®
- Controls: Master Volume, Tone 1. (Neck/Middle Pickups), Tone 2. (Bridge Pickup)
- Pickup Switching: 5-Position Blade: Position 1. Bridge Pickup Position 2. Bridge and Middle Pickup Position 3. Middle Pickup Position 4. Middle and Neck Pickup Position 5. Neck Pickup
- Pickup Configuration: SSS
- Bridge: 6-Saddle Vintage-Style Synchronized Tremolo
- Tuning Machines: Vintage-Style with Fender Logo
- Orientation: Right-Hand
- Hardware Finish: Nickel/Chrome
- Pickguard: 3-Ply Eggshell
- Control Knobs: Vintage White
- Switch Tips: Vintage White
- Strings: Fender® USA, NPS, (.010-.046 Gauges)
- Included Accessories: Deluxe Hardshell Case; Strap; Certificate of Authenticity.
- 7 lbs 13 oz
For more information on the Fender Custom Shop Relic Stratrocaster, please contact us.