Combining the classic style with modern features, this guitar stems from a distinctive year for the Telecaster®—1955. The Telecaster® received a few updates that year, novel steel barrel bridge saddles were joined by a 1957 style soft "V"-shaped quartersawn maple neck profile and single-ply White Eggshell pickguard. Matchless in look and tone, our ‘55 Relic® is loyal recreation of this classic with its period-correct top hat switch tip and hand-wound pickups. Providing the modern playability of a 7.25”-radius fingerboard with vintage upgrade frets, Fender® Custom Shop has fashioned a tried and true workhorse for today’s nostalgic player.
Other specifications include:
- Model Number: 9235000811
- Color: Dirty White Blonde
- Body Shape: Telecaster®
- Body Material: 2-Piece Select Ash
- Body Finish: Nitrocellulose Lacquer
- Neck Material: Quartersawn Maple
- Neck Shape: 1957 Style Soft "V"
- Scale Length: 25.5"
- Fingerboard Radius: 7.25"
- Number of Frets: 21
- Fret Size: Vintage Upgrade
- String Nut: Bone
- Nut Width: 1.650"
- Headstock: Telecaster®
- Neck Plate: 4-Bolt Vintage-Style
- Neck Finish: Nitrocellulose Lacquer
- Fingerboard: 1-Piece Maple
- Position Inlays: Micarta Black
- Bridge Pickup: Custom Shop Hand-Wound 55/56 Tele
- Neck Pickup: Custom Shop Hand-Wound 55/56 Tele
- Controls: Volume, Tone
- Pickup Switching: 3-Position Toggle: Position 1. Bridge Pickup, Position 2. Bridge, Middle and And Neck Pickup, Position 3. Neck Pickup
- Pickup Configuration: SS
- Bridge: 3-Saddle American Vintage Strings-Through-Body Tele® with Solid Barrel Steel Saddles
- Tuning Machines: Vintage-Style with Fender Logo
- Orientation: Right-Hand
- Hardware Finish: Nickel/Chrome
- Pickguard: 1-Ply Eggshell
- Control Knobs: Knurled Dome
- Switch Tips: Top Hat Style
- Strings: Fender® USA, NPS, (.010-.046 Gauges)
- Included Accessories: Deluxe Hardshell Case, Strap, Certificate of Authenticity
- 7 lbs 4 oz
For more information about the Fender Custom Shop Instrument, please contact us.