Introduced in 1964 as Fender’s top-of-the-line offering, the Jaguar® was quickly popularized as the weapon of choice for surf rock guitarists. With stunning new features like its offset two-piece alder body and shorter scale length, the ’64 Jag serves up a unique look and tone with a perennially contrarian undertow. The artificers at Fender® Custom Shop have given this classic Jaguar® our Lush Closet Classic lacquer treatment---showcasing a minimally worn high-end Fender® treated with decades of respect.
True to its vintage, this striking guitar boasts shielded pickups to eliminate hum, a Jazzmaster® rhythm circuit, ’62 Jaguar® pickups and ’64 Jaguar® wiring. The RSD Jaguar® bridge, 9.5”-radius rosewood fingerboard and 22 6105 frets give this relic a modern playing edge---uniquely Jaguar®.
Additional highlights include a tinted riftsawn maple neck with a “C”-shaped neck profile, 3-ply parchment pickguard, vintage tuning machines, bone nut and wing string tree. Includes deluxe hardshell case, strap and Certificate of Authenticity.
Other specifications include:
- Model Name: 1964 Jaguar® Light Closet Classic, Rosewood Fingerboard, Tahitian Coral
- Model Number: 9235000536
- Series: Time Machine
- Color: Tahitian Coral
- Body Shape: Jaguar®
- Body Material: 2-Piece Select Alder
- Body Finish: Nitrocellulose Lacquer
- Neck Material: Maple Rift Sawn with Rosewood Fingerboard
- Neck Shape: 62 Jaguar
- Scale Length: 24" (610 mm)
- Fingerboard Radius: 9.5" (241 mm)
- Number of Frets: 22
- Fret Size: 6105 Narrow Jumbo
- String Nut: Bone
- Nut Width: 1.650" (42 mm)
- Neck Plate: 4-Bolt with Custom Shop "V" Logo
- Neck Finish: Gloss Nitrocellulose Lacquer
- Fingerboard: AAA Rosewood
- Position Inlays: Clay Dot
- Bridge Pickup: Custom Shop '62 Single-Coil Jaguar®
- Neck Pickup: Custom Shop '62 Single-Coil Jaguar®
- Controls: Lead Circuit Controls (Slide Switch Down): Volume (Neck), Volume (Bridge), Master Tone; Rhythm Circuit Controls (Slide Switch Up): Two ThumbwheelControls for Neck Pickup Volume and Tone
- Pickup Switching: 2-On/Off Slide Switches, One for Each Pickup
- Pickup Configuration: SS
- Bridge: RSD Jaguar®/Jazzmaster®
- Tuning Machines: Vintage-Style with Fender Logo
- Orientation: Right-Hand
- Hardware Finish: Nickel/Chrome
- Pickguard: 3-Ply Parchment
- Control Knobs: Aged White "Witch Hat"
- Switch Tips: Parchment
- Strings: Fender® USA, NPS, (.010-.046 Gauges)
- Included Accessories: Deluxe Hardshell Case, Strap, Certificate of Authenticity
- 8 lbs 13 oz
For more information about the Fender Custom Shop Instrument, please contact us.