This Collings City Limits Aged in Lemon Burst is a prime example of one of our favorite electric guitar models. As with all of Colling's work - this instrument is superb on every level. Fit, finish, looks, comfort, and tone!
Classic construction of Honduran mahogany with a premium flame maple top in that gorgeous lemon burst finish. It's familiar, yet masterfully and artisan built. The aging is tasteful, natural-looking, and adds an 'old friend comfort' to the aesthetic and feel. And the Throbak pickups are nothing short of astounding. Bite, bark, cream - everything you'd want in a pickup for this style axe.
Pour your eyes over the pics and read the specs below for a full story of this impressive specimen.
Other specifications include:
- Construction Solid body
- Body Honduran mahogany
- Top Premium flamed maple
- Neck Honduran mahogany
- Body Binding Non-grained ivoroid
- Fingerboard Binding Non-grained ivoroid
- Peghead Binding None
- Bridge Kluson ABR-1(nickel-plated zinc w/ retaining wire)
- Tailpiece Kluson Stop Tailpiece (nickel-plated zinc, steel studs)
- Fingerboard Rosewood w/ Parallelogram Inlays
- Pickups ThroBak ER MXV Humbuckers
- Pots/Caps CTS 500K/ Jupiter Vintage Yellow
- Knobs Amber top hat
- Pickup Rings Cream
- Nut 1 11/16"
- Scale Length 24 7/8"
- Neck Joint Extra long mortise & tenon
- Frets Medium 18% nickel-silver
- Peghead Veneer Ebony w/ MOP Collings logo
- Peghead Profile Haircut
- Tuners Nickel Gotoh w/ Collings logo
- Wiring 50s style
- Fingerboard Radius 12"
- Guitar Finish High gloss nitrocellulose lacquer
- Pickguard Cream (bracketed)
- Truss Rod Cover Black/Cream/Black
- Strings D'Addario NYXL1149 (.011" - .049")
- Pickguard Cream
- Body Length 17"
- Body Depth 1 7/8"
- Lower Bout Width 13 1/2"
- Total Length 38 1/2"
- Case Deluxe Hardshell case by Ameritage
- 8 lbs 2 oz
For more information on the Collings City Limits Aged, contact us.