With a solid Honduran mahogany body, medium-fat "C" neck, vintage 1950's wiring setup and a name inspired by Highway 290 in Texas, the Collings 290 was designed to be a classic American Rock 'n Roll guitar. The Lollar Soap Bar p90 pcikups offers incredible tonal versatility, and the meticulous nature of Collings production standards means you get an instrument with unmatched acoustical response.
While the Collings 290 may be designed for rock, this guitar suits any playstyle and is a must-see if you are looking for an electric that offers superior playability and polish.
Other specifications include:
- Aged Finish and Hardware
- Select solid mahogany body and neck
- High gloss nitrocellulose lacquer finish
- Unbound "Haircut" headstock
- 15 degree headstock angle
- Ebony peghead overlay with inlaid Collings logo
- Rosewood fingerboard
- Long mortise and tenon neck joint w/contoured heel
- 22 Frets, neck joins the body at the 16th fret
- Medium-Fat "C" neck shape
- 12" Fingerboard radius
- 1 11/16" Bone nut
- 24 7/8" Scale length
- Medium 18% nickel-silver fretwire
- Grained ivoroid dot fingerboard inlays
- Fully adjustable truss rod
- Black pickup cover and black top hat knobs
- Lollar soapbar P90 bridge pickup
- Lollar Charlie Chrisian hex neck pickup
- 1950's style wiring scheme
- CTS 500K pots and Xicon caps
- Switchcraft toggle switch and output jack
- Schaller Wraparound Bridge
- Nickel Gotoh SG301 tuners w/ vintage-style buttons 1:18 ratio
- Recommended string guage - D'Addario EXL-115 (.011"-.049")
- Body Length 17"
- Body Depth 1 5/8"
- Lower Bout Width 13 1/2"
- Total Length 38 1/2"
- Collings deluxe hardshell case by Ameritage
- 7 lbs 12 oz
For more information on the Collings 290, please contact us.