What do you get when jazz musician Julian Lage and guitar-maker Bill Collings join forces to build a custom guitar? The Collings OM1A JL Julian Lage.
Sharing the foundational specs of the OM1 T, their first collaboration guitar, the OM1A recreates the 1939 Martin 000-18’s well-worn neck and vintage look and feel. Described as “lovingly neutral”, this guitar allows you to play as you wish and keeps up with you.
Other specifications include:
- Top Adirondack spruce
- Back & Sides Honduran mahogany
- Construction Animal protein glue
- Neck Honduran mahogany
- Body Binding Tortoise with custom wood purflings
- Fingerboard Binding None
- Peghead Binding None
- Bridge Ebony belly-style with 2 3/16" spacing
- Fingerboard Ebony with gold MOP short dots
- Bridge Pins/End Pin Ebony with MOP dot
- Nut Bone, 1 11/16"
- Saddle Bone, drop-in
- Neck Profile Custom JL carve
- Peghead Profile Tapered square
- Neck Joint Mortise & tenon hybrid
- Truss Rod Fully adjustable
- Frets Medium 18% nickel-silver
- Peghead Veneer Ebony with gold MOP Collings script logo
- Tuners Relic nickel Waverly with vintage oval buttons (16:1 ratio)
- Backstrip 1-style (walnut)
- Rosette Custom wood rosette
- Scale Length 25 1/2"
- Brace Material Sitka spruce
- Brace Pattern Custom Traditional Series pre-war scalloped X-brace (no tongue brace)
- Fingerboard Radius 14" - 26" compound
- Body Finish Custom satin nitrocellulose lacquer
- Neck Finish Custom satin nitrocellulose lacquer
- Pickguard Tortoise
- Strings D'Addario NB1253 (.012"- .053")
- Case Collings Traditional handcrafted case (#OM1085)
For more information about the Collings Julian Lage OM1A, please contact us.