The product of a rare collaboration between Bill Collings and jazz musician Julian Lage, the Collings OM1A JL Julian Lange is traditionally built and modeled after the pre-war 1939 Martin 00-18. The best tonewoods are used, including aged Adirondack and Honduran mahogany. Relic nickel Waverly tuners with vintage oval buttons make for reliable tuning and features a satin finish for outgoing response.
Other specifications include:
- Top Adirondack spruce
- Back & Sides Honduran mahogany
- Construction Animal protein glue
- Neck Honduran mahogany
- Body Binding Tortoise with custom wood purflings
- Fingerboard Binding None
- Peghead Binding None
- Bridge Ebony belly-style with 2 5/16" spacing
- Fingerboard Ebony with gold MOP short dots
- Bridge Pins/End Pin Ebony with MOP dot
- Nut Bone, 1 3/4"
- Saddle Bone, drop-in
- Neck Profile Custom JL carve
- Peghead Profile Tapered square
- Neck Joint Mortise & tenon hybrid
- Truss Rod Fully adjustable
- Frets Medium 18% nickel-silver
- Peghead Veneer Ebony with gold MOP Collings script logo
- Tuners Relic nickel Waverly with vintage oval buttons (16:1 ratio)
- Backstrip 1-style (walnut)
- Rosette Custom wood rosette
- Scale Length 25 1/2"
- Brace Material Sitka spruce
- Brace Pattern Custom Traditional Series pre-war scalloped X-brace (no tongue brace)
- Fingerboard Radius 14" - 26" compound
- Body Finish Custom satin nitrocellulose lacquer
- Neck Finish Custom satin nitrocellulose lacquer
- Pickguard Tortoise
- Strings D'Addario NB1253 (.012"- .053")
- Case Collings Traditional handcrafted case (#OM839)
For more information about the Collings Julian Lage OM1A, please contact us.