Modifying an existing guitar into something completely new takes years of experience that only an expert like Collings has. When they took a P90 guitar and modified it with a unique trestle brace design, Lollar Dog Ear P90s, and trapeze tailpiece, they created the Collings I-30 LC. Completely new and fresh for the modern player, this guitar has a lightness and responsiveness that has such an acoustical energy that it is perfect for any musician’s personal play style—be it jazz, blues, or rock n’ roll.
For a new, exciting Collings’ sound, the I-30 LC is the perfect choice.
Other specifications of the I-30 LC include:
- Construction Fully hollow w/ parallel trestle braces
- Body Plain Maple laminate
- Top Plain Maple laminate
- Neck Honduran mahogany
- Body Binding Non-grained ivoroid
- Fingerboard Binding Non-grained ivoroid
- Peghead Binding None
- Bridge Kluson ABR-1(nickel-plated zinc w/ retaining wire)
- Tailpiece Collings original trapeze tailpiece
- Fingerboard Rosewood w/ MOP long dots (5mm non-tapered)
- Soundhole F-holes (unbound)
- Pickups Lollar Dog Ear P90s w/ custom phenolic covers
- Pots/Caps CTS 500K/ Jupiter Vintage Yellow
- Knobs Amber top hat
- Nut 1 11/16"
- Scale Length 24 7/8"
- Neck Joint Extra long mortise & tenon
- Frets Medium 18% nickel-silver
- Peghead Veneer Ebony w/ MOP Collings logo
- Peghead Profile Haircut
- Tuners Nickel Gotoh w/ Collings logo
- Wiring 50s style
- Fingerboard Radius 12"
- Guitar Finish High gloss nitrocellulose lacquer
- Pickguard Black/Cream/Black
- Truss Rod Cover Black/Cream/Black
- Strings D'Addario NYXL1149 (.011" - .049")
- Body Length 17 5/8"
- Body Depth 1 5/8"
- Lower Bout Width 15"
- Total Length 40"
- Case Deluxe Hardshell case by Ameritage
- 5 lbs 7 oz
For more information about the Collings I-30 LC, please contact us.