The Traditional or "T" Series guitars reflect Bill Collings' return to his guitar making roots and offer a new tonal variation on the distinctive Collings sound. Each T Series guitar is built using animal protein glue and a very thin all nitrocellulose lacquer finish, making them exceptionally dynamic and responsive. Bracing and tone woods are adjusted for weight and thickness to create a voicing characterized by warm, rounded highs and a present low midrange, while retaining a quick attack and strong projection. Each Traditional series guitar will come with a handmade lightweight Collings case designed and built in the Collings shop. The pairing of these new Traditional guitars and cases makes for a combination of old world quality and aesthetic that is unprecedented among instruments available today.
Other specifications include:
- Top Sitka spruce
- Back & Sides Honduran mahogany
- Construction Animal protein glue
- Neck Honduran mahogany
- Body Binding Tortoise with maple/rosewood top purfling
- Fingerboard Binding None
- Peghead Binding None
- Bridge Ebony belly-style with 2 5/16" spacing
- Fingerboard Ebony with MOP long dots
- Bridge Pins/End Pin Tortoise-style
- Nut Bone, 1 3/4"
- Saddle Bone, Cutthrough
- Neck Profile Traditional
- Peghead Profile Tapered square
- Neck Joint Mortise & tenon hybrid
- Truss Rod Fully adjustable
- Frets Medium 18% nickel-silver
- Peghead Veneer Ebony with gold MOP Collings Logo
- Tuners Nickel Waverly (16:1 ratio)
- Backstrip 1-style (Walnut)
- Rosette Maple/rosewood purfling
- Scale Length 25 1/2"
- Brace Material Sitka spruce
- Brace Pattern Custom Traditional Series pre-war scalloped X-brace
- Fingerboard Radius 14" - 26" compound
- Body Finish High gloss extra-thin nitrocellulose lacquer
- Pickguard Tortoise
- Strings D'Addario EJ-17 (.013"- .056")
- Body Length 20"
- Body Depth 4 7/8"
- Lower Bout Width 15 5/8"
- Total Length 40 1/4"
- Traditional Package
- Case Collings Traditional Handcrafted Case (#D296)
For more information about the Collings D1-T, please contact us.