It's a lil' powerhouse! Loud, comfortable, rich - the only thing it is missing from its bigger relatives is the 'bigger'. The Collings Baby 2HG Maple is one of the smallest guitar models offered by Collings, but it packs a punch! Just listening to it, you would never guess that it is not a full-sized guitar. Extremely balanced, this guitar is approximately a 3/4 sized version of their OM and is the perfect travel guitar. .
Other specifications include:
- Top German spruce
- Back & Sides Maple
- Neck Honduran mahogany
- Body Binding Ivoroid with herringbone purfling
- Fingerboard Binding None
- Peghead Binding None
- Bridge Ebony small belly-style with 2 3/16" spacing
- Fingerboard Ebony with abalone short diamond & squares
- Bridge Pins/End Pin Ebony with MOP dot
- Nut Bone, 1 3/4"
- Saddle Bone, Drop-in
- Neck Profile Modified V
- Peghead Profile Tapered square with volute
- Neck Joint Mortise & tenon hybrid
- Truss Rod Fully adjustable
- Frets Medium 18% nickel-silver
- Peghead Veneer Stained Exotic Ebony with MOP Collings logo
- Tuners Nickel Waverly (16:1 ratio)
- Backstrip 2-style (Zipper)
- Rosette iv/tort/iv & b/w purflings
- Scale Length 24 1/8"
- Brace Material Sitka spruce
- Brace Pattern Pre-war scalloped X-brace
- Fingerboard Radius 14" - 26" compound
- Body Finish High gloss nitrocellulose lacquer
- Pickguard Tortoise
- Strings D'Addario EJ-16 (.012"- .053")
- Body Length 17 1/8"
- Body Depth 3 15/16"
- Lower Bout Width 12 1/2"
- Total Length 36 1/2"
- Case Deluxe Hardshell case by TKL
For more information on the Collings Baby 2HG Maple, please contact us.