Over the course of the ‘70s, the Jazz Bass entered its “teenage years,” changing its visual style and inspiring new playing techniques—such as slapping—which led directly to new, creative forms of expression. Its smooth feel and growly midrange, tempered with a bit of treble bite, made it a hero in recording sessions around the globe. The American Original ‘70s Jazz Bass updates the smooth playing feel with a modern-radius fingerboard, while retaining the classic Fender tone and style that made the Jazz Bass the tool of choice for creative bassists.
Other specifications include:
- Series:American Original
- Body Material:Ash
- Body Finish:Gloss Urethan
- Neck:Maple, 1975 "U"
- Neck Finish:Gloss Urethan
- Fingerboard:Maple, 9.5” (241 mm)
- Frets:20, Vintage Tall
- Position Inlays:Pearloid Blocks
- Nut (Material/Width):Bone, 1.475” (37.46 mm)
- Tuning Machines:Pure Vintage '70s with Fender Logo
- Scale Length:34” (864 mm)
- Bridge:4-Saddle Pure Vintage '70s with Single Groove Saddles
- Pickguard:3-Ply White/Black/White
- Pickups:Pure Vintage '75 Single-Coil Jazz Bass (Bridge/Middle)Controls:Volume 1. (Middle Pickup), Volume 2. (Bridge Pickup), Master Tone
- Control Knobs:Black Plastic
- Hardware Finish:Nickel/Chrome
- Strings:Fender® USA Bass 7250M, NPS (.045-.105 Gauges)
- Case/Gig Bag:Vintage-Style Hardshell
- 9 lbs 11 oz
For more information about the Fender American Original '70s Jazz Bass guitar, please contact us.