This bass from Fender's Custom Shop sports a two piece alder body and a nitro lacquer finish. With the faded/aged lake placid blue paint job and moderate relicing on the body, the bass definitely has a worn-in, loved vibe. The quartersawn maple neck has the 60's U shape that so many players crave. The finish has been rubbed off the back of the neck just enough, giving it a super smooth, comfortable ride. The pickups are Custom Shop Single Coil Jazz Bass pickups. They're warm and rich, easily capable of wearing many musical hats.
Other specifications include:
- Body Material: Alder 2-Piece
- Body Finish: Nitrocellulose Lacquer
- Neck Material: Quartersawn Maple
- Neck Finish: Nitrocellulose Lacquer
- Neck Shape: '60s "U" (.79" 1st fret/.99" 12th fret)
- Scale Length: 34"
- Fingerboard: Rosewood
- Fingerboard Radius: 9.5"
- Number of Frets: 20
- Fret Size: Med Jumbo
- String Nut: Bone
- Nut Width: 1.5"
- Position Inlays: Vintage Clay
- Bridge Pickup: Handwound Custom Shop Single-Coil Jazz Bass
- Neck Pickup: Handwound Custom Shop Single-Coil Jazz Bass
- Controls: Volume 1, Volume 2, Master Tone
- Pickup Configuration: SS
- Bridge: 4-Saddle Vintage-Style
- Hardware Finish: Nickel/Chrome
- Tuning Machines: Vintage-Style
- Pickguard: Tortoise
- Included Accessories: Case, Certificate of Authenticity
- 9 lbs 13 oz
For more information about the Fender Custom Shop 1960 Journeyman Jazz Bass, please contact us.