The Doves in Flight incorporates the features of the legendary Dove with some of the finest decorative work in the industry. The Doves in Flight displays 28 individually engraved dove inlays—seven on the headstock, 16 on the fingerboard, three on the pickguard, and two on the bridge—each with its own original design, and all hand-cut from genuine abalone pearl.
Other specifications include:
- Body Shape: Square Shoulder
- Top: Sitka spruce
- Back and Side Wood: Flame maple
- Bracing: Traditional hand-scalloped X-bracing
- Binding: Multi-ply top, multi-ply back
- Finish: Nitrocellulose
- Neck Material: Three-piece maple
- Neck Profile: Round
- Scale Length: 25.5''
- Fingerboard Material: Richlite
- Fingerboard Radius: 12''
- Number of Frets: 20
- Frets: Standard
- Nut Material: Bone
- Nut Width: 1.575''
- Inlays: Doves in Flight
- Neckjoint: Compound dovetail neck-to-body joint
- Tuner Plating: Gold
- Bridge: Dove
- Saddle Material: Bone
- Tuning Machines: Grover with engraved Keystone
- Pickguard: Dove, mother-of-pearl inlay
- Truss Rod Cover: B/W
- Bridge Pins: Tusq
- Hard Case
For more information on this Gibson Acoustic, please contact us.