The Collings DS1A Baked is a modern guitar with its own individual sound that is unlike its oversized Hawaiian predecessor. Its original dreadnaught shape, wide Modified V neck profile, pre-war scalloped x-brace, and other features makes this guitar perfect for fingerstyle players.
Other specifications include:
- Top Adirondack spruce (Baked)
- Back & Sides Honduran mahogany
- Neck Honduran mahogany
- Body Binding Tortoise with b/w/b/w top purfling
- Fingerboard Binding None
- Peghead Binding None
- Bridge Ebony belly-style with 2 3/8" spacing
- Fingerboard Ebony with MOP long dots
- Bridge Pins/End Pin Ebony with MOP dot
- Nut Bone, 1 13/16"
- Saddle Bone, drop-in
- Neck Profile Modified V
- Peghead Profile Tapered slotted square with volute
- Neck Joint Mortise & tenon hybrid
- Truss Rod Fully adjustable
- Frets Medium 18% nickel-silver
- Peghead Veneer Ebony with MOP Collings logo
- Tuners Nickel Waverly (16:1 ratio)
- Backstrip 1-style (Walnut)
- Rosette b/w Purfling
- Scale Length 25 1/2"
- Brace Material Adirondack spruce
- Brace Pattern Pre-war scalloped X-brace
- Fingerboard Radius 14" - 26" compound
- Body Finish High gloss nitrocellulose lacquer
- Neck Finish High gloss polyester resin
- Pickguard Tortoise
- Bridge Spacing 2 3/8"
- Body Length 20 7/8"
- Body Depth 4 7/8"
- Lower Bout Width 15 5/8"
- Total Length 40 1/8"
- Case Deluxe hardshell case by TKL
For more information about the Collings DS1A Baked, please contact us.